Anybody running the Chinese Stihl knockoffs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true from my experience thst Chinese made nuts and bolts are junk as well as most of their stuff. However the trouble zI have is that the Chinese are criminals and more important to them is that they intend to put legitimate US companies and their workers out of business. Once that happens they will raise their prices for the same level of junk they have now and you'll be forced to deal with them.

What's worse is that already some name brands are using Chinese stuff with their name on it. I try not to get to hardcore or two political but in my heart I believe buying Chinese knockoffs is a crime.
They could make it a crime like moonshine, illegal to make, illegal to possess..

I've seen what appear to be Chinese Stihl clones for sale online. Is anyone running them? Any good?

Somewhere along the line, I saw a thread talking about someone who was getting the Chicom Stihl knockoffs, then replacing the parts that were substandard and/or critical and then reselling them...can anyone direct me to that thread or person? Or, can anyone tell me which parts on these saws should be replaced with Stihl OEM?

Thanks in advance.
I bought 2 during the scamdemic, because I couldn't get MS661s. I went through Wagners, guess they are a US dealer for them. plus, they go thru them and make sure it runs properly before shipping them. anyhow I have had one on mine logosol cm and have milled 1000s of bft with it. the only issue so far is the throttle linkage sticks, but that could be just sawdust, but other than that I have been impressed. I did leave it at 32:1 oil and I put an Egan straight shot and max air flow filter is the only mods I have done to mine. the other one i have on my Lewis winch I left as is, and no issues. the reason I bought them was for $700 bucks what the heck if they blew up oh well. LOL. they are strong. i definitely need to use the decomp on it.

Back