Anybody tried one of these yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Just browsing the harbor freight monthly and first time seeing these.. Not that id ever have a use for one but more and more brushless/lithium saws are starting to pop up...eager to see what we have in 10 years.20200227_205622.jpg

Well I have the MS160 battery top handle saw. Can't compare it to the super light petrol saws as I don't own one, but it works excellently. Good torque, no vibration, no noise, no heat, no pull start. Slow in the cut. Very precise cuts.

https://m.stihlusa.com/products/pol...2.1005169631.1582935174-1685747672.1582935174

We keep one of these on the chip truck. It’s fantastic. Plenty of power. We upgraded to the larger batteries (300 I think) and they last a long time. It’s supposed to last an hour or so of continuous cutting, we switch the battery out once a week or so.
I think it was $900 with the two upgraded batteries. It sure is nice not to be yanking on a pull cord while aloft though. I like I said the power is right there. Goes through 8” stuff like butter.
I’m glad we got this unit over the gas model.

Just browsing the harbor freight monthly and first time seeing these.. Not that id ever have a use for one but more and more brushless/lithium saws are starting to pop up...eager to see what we have in 10 years.View attachment 801921
Until batteries improve their power output to weight ratio gas will always be around.
Too bad we didn’t have those mini nuke batteries from escape from LA :rock:

Back