Anybody using a Wood Mizer splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very disappointing.
I lost a bit in the two and a half years I had the TW-6.
Things change. I no longer had good access to big wood at a reasonable cost.
The fat wedge design wasn't so good for smaller stuff.
On another note, I saw the Japa 435 Kiwi Bro mentioned last year, running a year ago at the Paul Bunyan Show in Ohio, 2019.
Almost $100k.
It made very nice splits, has a chip separator/agitator, and vacuum system for saw chips. Clean set up.

I can't imagine the Japa is 100k. It's a fairly small machine, only can handle ~16" diameter.
It's quick though.

A Bells 6000 is around 100k and WAY more machine.

Not sure why many processors don't optimize the splitter speed on the small to medium machines.
I got my processor down to around 4.5 seconds with simply plumbing the hydraulics better. Maybe $300 added cost to the machine.

I can't imagine the Japa is 100k. It's a fairly small machine, only can handle ~16" diameter.
It's quick though.

A Bells 6000 is around 100k and WAY more machine.

Not sure why many processors don't optimize the splitter speed on the small to medium machines.
I got my processor down to around 4.5 seconds with simply plumbing the hydraulics better. Maybe $300 added cost to the machine.
I like Bell's machining 4000 for General hardwood and softwood logs and pieces. I'm still searching for a nice small machine for wood chunks and pizza oven logs. I'm hoping the small japa is good for this.

Haven't ran them but they are some beefy units, curious if anybody was using one, don't hear too much about them.
I have one and it a great machine. It probably could do 3 cords but my body won’t let me do that. I have 500 hrs on it and it still works great. It’s better on green wood not old or seasoned wood. I’m going to retire soon so I will be selling it

The OP, way back when, asked about the Wood Mizer. They bought out the Tempast. A member here had an original Tempast and then bought a Wood Mizer also. He liked it. If I wanted production level work I'd go with the Wood Mizer. 90+% of my wood is oak in the 30" range. Straight and easy to split. The old Tempast did have a warning about trying to force big knots through the machine.

Latest posts

Back