Anybody Using DEDA???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Lumberjack
Thats is what I have always used on my 18 foot wirecore, adjuster on one and a hitch on the other.

Carl

18 feet? Geez, Carl! How big ARE them trees up in noreast MS? :confused:

Originally posted by Lumberjack
Thats is what I have always used on my 18 foot wirecore, adjuster on one and a hitch on the other.

Carl

Wire core fliplines, while they have their place in removals, are just too stiff, bulky and downright uncooperative to be used on trimwork.

I don't know if I will like this DEDA setup or not. I am just trying to benefit from Tom Dunlop's experience and knowledge!

I don't know if I will like this DEDA setup or not. I am just trying to benefit from Tom Dunlop's experience and knowledge! [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it would be GREAT for a long hike up a limby pine. I use my life line as a second lanyard when going up on a removal. Not often I need more than 2 tie ins. Today was an exeption.:eek: Just used the end of my life line though.

I like my hand saw there too.

-Mike-

That 59 incher was over 15 foot around. On big trees (over 42") it comes in handy, on smaller trees I DEDA it and take advanage of its length. Also when I am trimin I trow it over a limb far off, hook it back to me, and I can hang over beside the limb I am workin on no problem. Admitidly the length gets in the way sometimes, but overal I like it, I also use long and short rope lanyard/ mini lifelines.

Carl

"With all due respect Carl, do you know what DEDA stands for?"

Yea thats why I said it. I use a Ulta Tech with a ditsel or swabish normally, and a micopulley as a slack tender. I put a biner on the end of the wire core, where it is has the spliced eye to keep it from fallin out the cam.

Not that hard if you think about it. What is so hard for you to understand?

Carl

Oh yea it stands for Double Ended Double Adjusted. Your pic made it clear what you were talkin about.

attachment.php

It gets the job done, but that is just me. Most of my work is removals, mabye 25% of it is trimmin, but when I trim I am there forever doin all there trees!!:D

I am also like regular rope lanyard for trimmin, but I like them long and daisy up the rest.

Carl

Last edited:
I just use a prussic in the middle of a double ended twelve foot lanyard. If you use a Sherrill 30" tenex prussic loop it doesn't lock too tight. It is alot cheaper and lighter than the set up in the picture. I use a steel core twelve foot flip line on removals with a tenex prussic. I never have trouble adjusting the line although it does require two hands to shorten it (unless your willing to use your teeth).

I think trying new techniques is important. Like you, I try new ideas if they're feasible. I've tried similar set ups and the time saved (for me at least) doesn't justify the cost or the hassle associated with them. To each is own. I'm sure some of my techniques would be burdensome to other climbers.

Originally posted by Rich Hoffman
I was fortunate to have all these parts already. Like I said the jury is still out. I am just trying to keep to progression moving.

Hey Rich,

Have you had a chance to use the DEDA lanyard? I've been waiting to hear what your opinion is on this one.

Latest posts

Back