anybody want a custom tuned 2 stroke chamber muffler system for their chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ken morgan
add on yahoo japan for custom made expansion chambers tuned to the chainsaw model for more HP and RPM not sure if anybody is insterest but the exchange rate is in your favor right now :) they also offer for several models of Stihl, echo, and shindaiwa ha ha ha :)

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x246643468

ken morgan
wonder if these guys know what they are doing.....I have seen the tuned pipes on small 2 stroke dirtbikes and the difference is amazing on those things. I was just trippin along through the chainsaw parts and saws for parts section when I cam across the add. I myself have no use for one as I am not racing chainsaws bust thought WTH might toss it up there in case someone else is.

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
I would doubt if it's Titaniun or SS most tuned pipes in the bike word are somewhere in the region of 26 SWG mild steel. The set up shown would be very awkward on a working (as in logging ) saw maybe as said OK for a GTG cookie cutter. I would guess the balance of the saw would be difficult for prolonged use " horses for courses"

Ted Jenkins
If you want HP out of your saw then the exhaust has to be tuned, but with a big price. The pipe does not have to be very heavy, but bulky would be an understatement. Titanium would be completely out of the question for many reasons. For day to day use that does not sound like a great idea. For my purposes a enlargement of the muffler works well and will let the motor breath a little more easy with a cooler running motor. A tuned 2 stroke could easily produce 400% more HP than most standard saw engines, but with a bulky motor, less reliable, more heat and less longevity for why. It would be fun to grab a 40 HP saw with a good chipper chain on it and let the chip fly, but not for every day. I am surprised that there is not a push for 4 stroke saw motors with nice quiet mufflers and yes that would pretty much double the weight with only a 300% cost increase. Look at what happened to the off road industry in the past few years. Thanks

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
As said in post #8 you can get a 2 smoke motor to produce an awful lot more power than in standard form but that requires much increased down time for fettleing again as said OK for GTG's, but for a daily use in a work environment not to satisfactory again as in my earlier post " Horses for Courses"

ken morgan
thats obviously what this is for some kind of competition....like I said I tossed it up there in case someone was on the lookout for a tuned chamber..... I had seen people looking for them in really old threads, but not recently. I myself have no use for it but if someone is racing, every bit counts.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
add on yahoo japan for custom made expansion chambers tuned to the chainsaw model for more HP and RPM not sure if anybody is insterest but the exchange rate is in your favor right now :) they also offer for several models of Stihl, echo, and shindaiwa ha ha ha :)

Or milling application , ladder or log supports the weight. It would need to snug up to saw/chain brake tho.

rogue60

rogue60

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
They already made the 090.
Listen to this talking like some kind of authority on the matter of chainsaws having only ever owned cheap plastic rubbish and preaching how great they are and the rest of us are dumb and wasting money buying pro saws when cheap rubbish sets the the benchmark well according to you anyway same old same old.
Instead of the usuall bagging every saw you don't own and have never run (it got old years ago) how bout you actually run a few before bagging them? you know cut some wood with some pro Husky or pro Stihl saw's yeah I know crazy talk that would be called real world experience and your opinions might hold weight for a change? just saying.

rogue60

rogue60

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

The ad says weight is 3 pound. Even translated is kind of hard to make sense out of the ad but I kind of read they are tuned for stock of the shelf saw's. But still interesting thanks for posting.

fwgsaw

fwgsaw

don't call me i will call you!!
Listen to this talking like some kind of authority on the matter of chainsaws having only ever owned cheap plastic rubbish and preaching how great they are and the rest of us are dumb and wasting money buying pro saws when cheap rubbish sets the the benchmark well according to you anyway same old same old.
Instead of the usuall bagging every saw you don't own and have never run (it got old years ago) how bout you actually run a few before bagging them? you know cut some wood with some pro Husky or pro Stihl saw's yeah I know crazy talk that would be called real world experience and your opinions might hold weight for a change? just saying.
Well I own 3 090s and I would have to say there pretty heavy so I would imagine they would work well for a boat anchor. Just saying one man's treasure is another man's boat anchor.

ken morgan
The ad says weight is 3 pound. Even translated is kind of hard to make sense out of the ad but I kind of read they are tuned for stock of the shelf saw's. But still interesting thanks for posting.

they are tuned for the volumetric effeiciency of the stock cylinder obviously with the stock muffler gone and this in its place they are very clear about the need to retune the carb to match the new efficiency. but I would guess that it would still work well even with porting. this company specialized in 2 stroke bikes, boats and PWC.

rogue60

rogue60

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Well I own 3 090s and I would have to say there pretty heavy so I would imagine they would work well for a boat anchor. Just saying one man's treasure is another man's boat anchor.
Was not the 090 comment in specific I was talking about that's all he goes on about bagging chainsaws if there not owned by him la la land made up crap like all husky or Stihl are rubbish lol its just made up silly talk. plenty would know what I'm talking about any wonder this place is a shadow of its former self but is all good carry on lol.

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
It was a joke....

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
Was not the 090 comment in specific I was talking about that's all he goes on about bagging chainsaws if there not owned by him la la land made up crap like all husky or Stihl are rubbish lol its just made up silly talk. plenty would know what I'm talking about any wonder this place is a shadow of its former self but is all good carry on lol.
There are many saws I'd like to own, including Husqvarna and Stihl but have no need for and/or cannot justify for my uses - and have never said one negative thing about. But carry on with your tirade as I don't give a crap.

Luckysaturn

Luckysaturn

ArboristSite Member
I race rc a good tuned pioe is worth it's weight in gold. I never thought for a saw I wish I had the bankroll to legitly develop this. I'd tune for a mid upper range being saws are normally run at full throttle