Anyone else burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife fired up the woodstove lastnight.
A big barkless poplar house heating fire :)

I'm not sure but i think my wife might be a firebug LOL

You know, I don't care what anyone else says, coming down from a 64 degree bedroom to a 73 degree kitchen w/o touching the thermostat is how I want to wake up every morning.

Marc,

Dito for me.
And this time of year it's nice to burn up all that crappy wood that you carried home anyway just because it was there :)

Break out the poplar and box elder and burn. :)

It's going from the first burn to I already have lost count. Been in the 20'sf every morning now for what seems like 2 weeks. I had my first fire back in the end of August.

Well, I finally decided to light the first fire. Did not want to switch the AC system back to heat just yet. Been raining all day and I have been in and out of it. Got that chill to the bone that only wood heat can drive out in a short amount of time.

View attachment 254695

few more weeks till i start burning or till the wife goes ahead and starts one

We're not even close to burning yet with temps in the 50's at night and 70 or so during the day. I live in a tight well insulated ranch so I can usually hold out till November 1st if I'm lucky.

Hell , I haven't even moved my wood supply up by the house yet.

started burning 2x scrap 2 days ago.i have a big pile of that , shouldnt have to start burning real wood till nov

We're at the outlaws and they're not burning yet. I'm glad I brought a long-sleeved shirt.

Not yet thankfully.

My stove glove wants this to hurry up though. It wants a matching friend.:laugh:

IMG_0414.jpg

Threw in the towel at 1000 10/01 and lit her off.

Still looking for my stove paint to give it a touch up coat.

Also I have color cards taped up on the wall by the stove...I want to get the stove and the wall painted this week before I go to burning 24x7.

Never liked the job I started on putting up cultured brick on the masonry board immediately by the stove. Chiseled that off yesterday, though I think it'll be next May before I'll have time when the stove isn't running to mix up mortar and re-do that job.

It's still like summertime here

Today it hit 100 degrees, in Joshua Tree, CA but I have a dream....I am soo ready to put a jacket on for the first time!

Finally loaded up the trailer and brought up a load of wood today.

Cold and rainy today so it felt right touching off the first fire of the season.

Kind of sad though seeing a bit of newly emptied space in my stacks.

I've had a fire going the last couple of nights. It's been a bit chilly. Usually let them go out during the day though.

My daughter and i fired up the wood burner in the garage last weekend after the new roof build was done.

Back