Anyone else here own a Poulan 306A ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattinky

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've got an old 306A, it runs but the compression is low and I'd like to freshen it up. I looked at Ordertree and Oudoor Distributors and both show the piston / rings as no longer available, I've also looked on eBay but have'nt had any luck there either.........any idea where I might find a piston / rings / gaskets, or even just a set of rings? Matt

I've got an old 306A, it runs but the compression is low and I'd like to freshen it up. I looked at Ordertree and Oudoor Distributors and both show the piston / rings as no longer available, I've also looked on eBay but have'nt had any luck there either.........any idea where I might find a piston / rings / gaskets, or even just a set of rings? Matt

I've got a 306A, but I just got it running a week or two ago. The compression on it seems good although I haven't actually put a compression gage to it, just going off of the feel from the starter rope. I would like to find a piston and cylinder for a 245 for mine. The best I can tell the 306A and the 245 are the same saw with the exception of those parts and that will bring the cubic inches up from 3.6 to 4.5 and makes one of these saws a real thumper!

I run both 245s and 306s. The 245s are real butt kickers. I get most of my parts from an old "mom and pop" engine store in town. Other than that, I have a couple spare saws that I steal parts from.

Good luck finding parts. They're getting even harder to find these days (even just the old saws).

Latest posts

Back