Anyone have any experience with this brand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had any personal experience with them. I know they sell them at homedepot. I heard from someone else that they are made in china. This doesn't really answer your question, but it gives u a little more info.

gumneck said:
Tks Rob, your dead-on right. But I could save $3.00 if bought from that Ebayer.

That's almost a 1/2 gallon of Bryers chocolate icecream. :greenchainsaw:

Yep, or a gallon and then some gas. Plus you don't have to leave the house. I noticed he lowered his price from about $30 w/ shipping that he was running earlier.

Done deal. If it sucks I'll let everyone know. It should work better than my recently formed L shape bar.

gumneck said:
Done deal. If it sucks I'll let everyone know. It should work better than my recently formed L shape bar.

What saw is that for? I have a little Pooland, good to know these things.

gumneck said:

LOL, sry ta laugh at your misfortune, um, what tools did you use to get it L formed (truck or tree??)? (ouch is running in back of mind) :(
Rollertip bar and a chain seems pretty good for under 30$ Hope your not throwing your money away mate but let us know eh!

Those are carolton brand bar and chain but get them while you can. Powercare is homedepot's brand name they are now having the bar and chains manufactured in china and imho they are not as good.

Sprig said:
LOL, sry ta laugh at your misfortune, um, what tools did you use to get it L formed (truck or tree??)? (ouch is running in back of mind) :(
Rollertip bar and a chain seems pretty good for under 30$ Hope your not throwing your money away mate but let us know eh!

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41021&d=1165207845

Basically screwed up and dropped one of my climbing saws about 45' from a pine last weekend. Hit the trunk twice and speared into the ground about 6 inches. In the pic the bar is mounted on the saw. You might have caught this in the dumbest things I've done thread. "The lawn dart"!

Rb, this is basically an old Poulan.

Haven't noticed any other damage yet.

RiverRat2 said:
Ohhh that hurt???

As my jump instructor said, It wasn't the fall that hurt, but the sudden stop at the end was what hurt...:cheers:

Andy

gumneck said:
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41021&d=1165207845

Basically screwed up and dropped one of my climbing saws about 45' from a pine last weekend. Hit the trunk twice and speared into the ground about 6 inches. In the pic the bar is mounted on the saw. You might have caught this in the dumbest things I've done thread. "The lawn dart"!

Rb, this is basically an old Poulan.

Haven't noticed any other damage yet.
Thanks gumneck, actually I did catch that thread but was having a small brain spasm when I posted above DOH! But there is a bright side, you now have the perfect bar for cutting corners :laugh:

Latest posts

Back