Anyone here using Gecko's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll be the one to say that I did not care for them too much. They are very comfortable around the pad and lightweight, but I do not care for the design as far as the gaffs are concerned. They typically come with pole spurs, so if you are serious your gonna wanna get the longer tree gaffs. I just did not like the way that they set and was not very impressed. Of course I live in Oregon and it is not all smooth deciduous trees around here so I'll stick with my Bashlin replaceable straights.My .02$

Had mine for about two years also and love them as far as wearing spikes goes. I like the light weight, range of adjustments available, comfort is exceptional and velcro top strap is still going strong.

Didn't like the price much though :biggrinbounce2:

Titainium baby yeah!

I have climbed in Gecko's and like what has already been stated,the Gaffs were too short.I have a pair of Buckingham Titainiums that I got cheap when working in Canada (thanks Shaun) with the Velcro Straps,bloody good!

ive had my carbon geckos for years now...i always liked them although i found the gaff andgle took some getting used to. ive just changed them to a more trad buckingham style gaff and loving them

Ya they just came out with the longer straighter gaff by demand. It only took em like 2 years or something, to each his own though.

When I ordered new climbing gear a few years ago I really thought about them. But those short gaffs looked like they wouldn't dig through thicker bark, Like big southern yellow pines.

I like my Buc Titaniums with the super wrap pads. They are a far cry from my old steel Kleins with standard leather pads.

gecko's

I love mine! more comfortable on the shin. Never had any problems with them 2 years now!

geckos

i bought mine in november. they are a big improvment over my kliens with triple thick t pads. they don't shift around .

wouldn't trade mine!!

I can't resist to talk about Geckos, Absolutely great very comfy mine have the newer straight gaff style. Only thing had to reglue the velcro that holds the pads to the fiberglass cuffs. After that the pads haven't slid around anymore. I recommend you try a pair, for hours of comfort in the tree.

Latest posts

Back