Anyone know about the Stihl backpack blowers? Popping out of grommet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No real dealer would "send" it away for repair.
Any shop at all would at least take a look and see what the problem is first.
So they are not being truthful in some way. Are they a shop with other outlets in other towns? In some way trying to save on having a repair shop?

If it was purchased through an ace hardware, they only have a seller distributorship, no qualified tech's to do any kind of work, warranty or not.

True that. There are lots of places that sell Stihl equipment, in a partial line up, but they don't work on them.
No reason not to post serial number, he bought it new, has a receipt, non issue

Well if you live in Atlanta, there's a lot of dealers up that way. I'm 50 to 60 miles south from there by the way of I20, we have two dealers 3 to 4 miles apart, John Deere and a full blown Stihl dealer.

Steve

Any chance of a cracked or tweaked frame?
Has the blower been dropped or smooshed a bit by a vehicle?

Mo
True that. There are lots of places that sell Stihl equipment, in a partial line up, but they don't work on them.
No reason not to post serial number, he bought it new, has a receipt, non issue
Most folks would send the serial number in a p.m.....
I also ask for bank routing numbers and passwords.....

If it was purchased through an ace hardware, they only have a seller distributorship, no qualified tech's to do any kind of work, warranty or not.

Correct I bought it at an Ace Hardware

Also no, no cracked frame no damage or anything. It did this since day one.

Well if you live in Atlanta, there's a lot of dealers up that way. I'm 50 to 60 miles south from there by the way of I20, we have two dealers 3 to 4 miles apart, John Deere and a full blown Stihl dealer.

Steve

Hm I assumed I should be taking it where I bought it. There is a larger stihl dealer nearby. Am I better off taking it there, maybe they can fix it onsite? I only use it as a homeowner but if I can't run it at least 30-40 min every few days then I'm not able to piss off the one old man neighbor which is unacceptable

It's hard to see if there is a assembly problem or something missing with no photos, maybe hard to see something even with photos. If you're not comfortable to tear it apart then you're going to have to take it to a full Stihl dealership to have it fixed. It should of been taken to a dealer shop to be fixed when it first happened so it could of been taken care of under warranty

It's hard to see if there is a assembly problem or something missing with no photos, maybe hard to see something even with photos. If you're not comfortable to tear it apart then you're going to have to take it to a full Stihl dealership to have it fixed. It should of been taken to a dealer shop to be fixed when it first happened so it could of been taken care of under warranty

Well. It wasn't -that- bad at first and I'm just a stupid homeowner so I didn't know any better. Plus I bought a case of their magic mix stihl ejaculate oil so I'm pretty sure I have a 2 year warranty

There pretty clearly isn't an assembly problem, I'm comfortable taking it apart but I'm like 99.9% sure that one of the AV springs is too long or something

Also I checked the website and my ace is an 'elite' dealer I assume that's important. But I'll try taking it to the other stihl place and see what they say

Well. It wasn't -that- bad at first and I'm just a stupid homeowner so I didn't know any better. Plus I bought a case of their magic mix stihl ejaculate oil so I'm pretty sure I have a 2 year warranty

There pretty clearly isn't an assembly problem, I'm comfortable taking it apart but I'm like 99.9% sure that one of the AV springs is too long or something
Take it to z dealership and have them run the serial number and see about the warranty. If it's an AV spring issue and has gotten worse with time then it is an assembly issue or something has broken

Also I checked the website and my ace is an 'elite' dealer I assume that's important. But I'll try taking it to the other stihl place and see what they say
The elite status could just be something in the seller ship, they don't have qualified Stihl trained repair tech's at ace, they only sell the limited line (homeowner tools and light commercial tools) but no repair support

It's a store by store status. I'm sure that they stores like where your dad works is a full line Stihl dealer, not a seller ship. But as the OP stated, he took it back to the ace store and they told him they would have to send it out for repairs

Latest posts

Back