Anyone mark their log ends for ID purposes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. What made you think of that? I don't know if the cops were notified. I think not. The chaser apologized the next day and said it had been a bad day for him.

What made me think that? LOL...almost fifty years in the woods made me think that. I've never chased anybody with a branding hammer but I've thought about it a time or two. :smile2:

There's a good story about a government employee, in a county to the east of you, who got painted from head to toe with log marking paint. It happened back in the 70s so the statute of limitations has probably expired. Apparently he was annoying the log truck drivers and they ambushed him early one morning, stripped him naked, painted him all over, and turned him loose in downtown Wapato to find his way home. He resigned shorty afterward.

Have you seen the variety of hammers out there? If you had, you would take back your post!

Guess I've gotten spoiled working on one ownership so long. We just have the Corps "castle" design on all of our logs. Looks about like so:

CASTLE.jpg

nothing simple about the gov.:msp_wink:. i used to where that symbol on my uniform in the day.

Back