Anyone still use one of these in the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kevin,...sorry for the late reply. The engine is 251ci, (250.6). 106 hp @3600 rpm, 200 ft pounds of torque @ 1200 rpm.

Lets see some pics of your old trucks.

So you do have the BIG motor! ;) These things were all gearing and built like tanks.

I have a couple pre Power Wagon Dodges.

ScanImage002.jpg

This one is what i started with on my custom build, I ended up only using the cab and doors off of it. A buddy gave me another cab and doors so now the truck is complete again. I'll do it back in the stock military set up in a while.

IMG_0724.JPG

This is my baby ;) Took me about 13 years to get it done as I made a lot of the parts. Here is a link to the build.

Albums By kevininohio - ImageEvent

No, not any wood hauling with this one but just wanted to do a custom one as I always loved the look of the 1/2 ton military.

I'll get pics of the '61 WM300 and a '52 Power Wagon I had tomorrow. Love those old Dodges.

So you do have the BIG motor! ;) These things were all gearing and built like tanks.

ScanImage002.jpg

This one is what i started with on my custom build, I ended up only using the cab and doors off of it. A buddy gave me another cab and doors so now the truck is complete again. I'll do it back in the stock military set up in a while.

IMG_0724.JPG

This is my baby ;) Took me about 13 years to get it done as I made a lot of the parts. Here is a link to the build.

No, not any wood hauling with this one but just wanted to do a custom one as I always loved the look of the 1/2 ton military.

I'll get pics of the '61 WM300 and a '52 Power Wagon I had tomorrow. Love those old Dodges.

Great job Kevin,....that is one BEAUTIFUL truck,...realy something to be proud of.:rock:

This is a 1958 Studebaker 3E-40 with a tag tandem axle that I sold several years ago. The current owner has it for sale in eastern VA.

58tandem.jpg

This is my 1955 Studebaker E-38 grain truck.

55grain.jpg

My 1957 Studebaker 3E-40 with my 1964 Avanti on the back.

2589002680097493054S600x600Q85.jpg

A 1949 Studebaker 2R16-A grain truck I used to own.

2701726490097493054S600x600Q85.jpg

My 1948 Studebaker M-16 grain truck.

2603249650097493054S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my '61 WM300.

MVC-025S_6.JPG

Came with the original MU2 Braden winch but no bed. It was a Montana Power Company truck. Has a few options on it too.

MVC-024S_7.JPG

This is the '52 I had but sold it. Nice complete runner. Mostly all original and in good shape. These trucks are pretty hard to find not beat up as people used/abused them most all the time.

The winch that is on it is a 8000lb Warn electric, But I have the PTO, and Braiden winch in the barn,...I just haven't got around to putting it on the truck yet.
Yup 5.13 gears make it great around the woods.

Those PTO winches are the way to go man....no waiting around for a electric to take its time... hit the gas and spool her up!

ScanImage002.jpg

IMG_0724.JPG

AWESOME truck

Just curious to know if anyone uses one of these old Army Trucks to haul their wood. This is a 1954 M37 Dodge powerwagon. I have always loved this old truck. A real old work horse.

ArmyTruck017.jpg

ArmyTruck016.jpg

ArmyTruck012.jpg

ArmyTruck021.jpg

Here is a short video from inside the cab, hauling a load out to the browe.
I had a '58 DPW in Ohio in the 80's. But no metal bed. Had to put a cord of wood on it if it was muddy. Should have driven it back here. Almost did one night when I was drinking. Great truck. Miss it!!

Back