Anyone try this "Junon" carb for MS170/180 etc?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is interesting because it has the "H" and "L" adjustments. I am curious if it would be a direct -drop in for my MS170. I really want to MM it but need an adjustable carb. :D

Its $25 which includes shipping! AND you can return it if it doesn't fit.

Buy it and try it! Absolute worse case scenario, you have a cheap carb to take apart and play with.

Its $25 which includes shipping! AND you can return it if it doesn't fit.

Buy it and try it! Absolute worse case scenario, you have a cheap carb to take apart and play with.

My doctor said if I we had any chance of curing my CAD - to stay away from people like you... I guess there is no hope! :msp_tongue:

You are right, I think I will just pull the trigger and see if it works. If it does then you betcha I am going to open up that muffler and maybe even consider porting the little guy.

My doctor said if I we had any chance of curing my CAD - to stay away from people like you... I guess there is no hope! :msp_tongue:

You are right, I think I will just pull the trigger and see if it works. If it does then you betcha I am going to open up that muffler and maybe even consider porting the little guy.

Please let us know what you find out.

A few minutes with google

junon carb
sold by
eBay My World: varietystorefront...........
Mini Bike PartsNow, Los Angeles , California, United States ...........
Capital Excell, LLC...........Alhambra Ca
Jiashun Li .........
chinese repop

I wonder if junon comes as OEM on chinese steal chainsaws

Certainly! I am curious about the "Little Britches" 170 mod in your sig. Care to share what that is? Do you have an adjustable carb in there?

Well its in the same situation your in. Stock carb. So there is only so much I can do.
I was able to do a MM on it and it woke it right up. Tuneing the carb afterwards was a pain, and I think I have it dialed in now.
I didn't get any further this week than taking the rewind off to realize that a MS 250/MS 170 swap would not be feasable w/o major modifcation.
Looks like the bolt pattern is about the same but the coil location alone made me turn back.

Ok. Trigger pulled. Should have it next week. Will post full results of the performance and ease of installation.

Hey jropo how's Lil britches run with mm?? Does it still have the nonadjust carb on it?

I gonna speak quietly because I'm sure it can here me, but it runs pretty good, I think it might even keep up w/ a stock homeowner grade 40cc saw.
It has just the single screw, but for some reason I was able to color tune w/ it.

The single screw "LD" is the idle IIRC... not sure how you were able to tune with just that???:confused2:

The single screw "LD" is the idle IIRC... not sure how you were able to tune with just that???:confused2:

Me either now that talk about it. :msp_confused:
But it did make a difference when I turned it. But why, now you got me thinking.

I did read on here somewhere that the one screw does adjust mixture. Obviously it doesn't work like the rest of the idle set screws that just open the throttle or close it to set idle. Looking at the carb tells me this.

Well its back on the bench now.
I wonder if there is a way were a guy could find out how and if the H and L circuit ties into the IIRC or Idle and either thin the one screw or use a welding tip cleaner to open up the jets some.

I still want a different carb.

Back