Anyone use a PORTABLE winch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a winch to work in remote areas for pulling lines, trees, logs, vehicles etc. where ordinary means are not at all possible. I've seen many portable winches, such as the rule gas powered winch, the lewis winch, etc. etc. I was wondering if anyone has any good or bad things they've experienced with portable winches? Any recommendations?

I need a winch to work in remote areas for pulling lines, trees, logs, vehicles etc. where ordinary means are not at all possible. I've seen many portable winches, such as the rule gas powered winch, the lewis winch, etc. etc. I was wondering if anyone has any good or bad things they've experienced with portable winches? Any recommendations?

Try this link, www.portablewinch.com. The winch is powered by a honda 4-stroke and is quite powerful. We have ours over two years now and it is a big time saver. We've used it to drag large piles of brush/limbs up steep, rocky snow covered slopes; to skid logs and to get bogged down trucks back on the road.

We had one job where a large white pine was wind thrown and crushed a lakeside dock. We couldn't get trucks, chippers,etc. to the blow down so we cut it into 15' lengths, with limbs attached, and winched it across a cove to where we had our equipment and could deal with it.

When we purchased the winch we also purchased the optional nose cone The cone fits over the end of a log or brush pile and helps the log/brush navigate over and around stumps and rocks. The cone also helps prevent whatever you're winching from digging into soft ground.

The winch has enabled us to be more competitive when pricing tough jobs.

Latest posts

Back