Anyone use amsoil products in there saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like pie religiously. Apple and blackberry are my favorite.

ROFL that puts it in perspective!

I use Stihl Ultra in my saws, because of the cleaning properties it has. I respect everybody's right to use anything from Wesson oil to diesel fuel (except waste motor oil is a toxic affront to us all), if it works for them.

I know nothing about Amsoil; I'm sure it is good. I like the fact that Ultra is chainsaw-specific.

ROFL that puts it in perspective!

I use Stihl Ultra in my saws, because of the cleaning properties it has. I respect everybody's right to use anything from Wesson oil to diesel fuel (except waste motor oil is a toxic affront to us all), if it works for them.

I know nothing about Amsoil; I'm sure it is good. I like the fact that Ultra is marketed as chainsaw-specific. (That is, until you buy a Stihl trimmer.)

Teach,

Fixed it for ya.

Joat

Last edited:
I am just mad because I cannot find these guys anymore locally, any of you guys dealers????

http://www.slick50.com/
We had about two pallets of that junk on clearance last year for less than a buck a bottle. Odd thing was it seemed to move slower at that price than it did when it was closer to $20. I can only figure the morons who buy oil additives are not content unless they're getting royally ripped off--a few cents just won't cut it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I usually avoid these meaningless threads, you can just substitute
Amsoil, with another brand, and the posts are pretty much the same..

The guys that get their panties in a wad are what makes it all worth it though.............

Kind of like discussing the bible with the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses,
it is all fun......

I am just mad because I cannot find these guys anymore locally, any of you guys dealers????

http://www.slick50.com/

If you looking for Amsoil, Mama Tried is a dealer and a site sponsor here. If you looking for Slick 50 then sorry don't know who carries it anymore.

I use the bar oil. thin but real tacky. not something you want to spill in the bed of the truck trust me lol

I also posted the warranty info in my forum on here and literature is available on my website in my sig.

The preferred membership helps if you buy $100 or more a year.

thin but real tacky.

I have a brother in law like that......

So they have a "Synthetic" bar oil, I started an April Fool gag thread on
the "Tool Shed", and had a huge number of inquiries called to Bryan Equip.
6 years ago.
So they have a synthetic tackifier????

It is a better tackifier than the other brands??

Is it synthetic????

Shamzoil?!

Lolz, I think I get a better reaction from reading these posts than an actual brand switch of oil!

Having said that, I run Amzoil HPInjector @ 50:1 with 100LL Avgas in my: Lawnboy mower (circa 1979 model) my Ryobi trimmer and both my little Pull-ski's... No problems on any, esp the saws, P&C look like the day they came out of the box!!

I would like to see a head to head between the Stihl Ultra and this miracle Lubricated Canine Urine thats being bandied about!!

Dan

Back