Anything as good as a 200T?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffHK454

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My 192 is DOA and to tell you the truth I hated it anyway , I want a nice 200T but can‘t swing the big bucks one of these fetch so what’s out there that can hold a candle to it ? I’m looking for top or rear handle trim saw , I’m a Stihl guy but I’m willing to try other stuff if it perform.

My 192 is DOA and to tell you the truth I hated it anyway , I want a nice 200T but can‘t swing the big bucks one of these fetch so what’s out there that can hold a candle to it ? I’m looking for top or rear handle trim saw , I’m a Stihl guy but I’m willing to try other stuff if it perform.
I like the 150T for its agility and light weight but you still need bigger saws as the logs get bigger .

MS193T if you can get the dealer to put the "easy start" system on it. I never saw a saw so hard to pull as the stock 193. You might be able to swap the starter from the 192, I think that had the easy start.

I loved my 192T but someone else must have also as it took a walk one night.

MS193T if you can get the dealer to put the "easy start" system on it. I never saw a saw so hard to pull as the stock 193. You might be able to swap the starter from the 192, I think that had the easy start.

I loved my 192T but someone else must have also as it took a walk one night.
I might of done a bad job explaining what I’m wanting , what saws from other brands can run with 200? My 192 was nice and light but it was so stinking gutless it drove me crazy trying to get work done with it ! I’ve ran 200’s and love them I just can’t pony up $500-800 for a nice example and I was hoping that Husky or other top brands had a pro level saw that did the job as good at a more affordable price point?

This isn’t a troll thread..I’m not looking to start a brand bashing session , I’m just ignorant of whats out there .

I might of done a bad job explaining what I’m wanting , what saws from other brands can run with 200? My 192 was nice and light but it was so stinking gutless it drove me crazy trying to get work done with it ! I’ve ran 200’s and love them I just can’t pony up $500-800 for a nice example and I was hoping that Husky or other top brands had a pro level saw that did the job as good at a more affordable price point?

This isn’t a troll thread..I’m not looking to start a brand bashing session , I’m just ignorant of whats out there .
Save up and get the 200T. There is a good reason they cost that much.

My 201 with a muffler mod and timing advance does everything I could ask for. If I could change anything it would be the location of the flippy cap for the bar oil. It’s a pain to open and close with gloves on. Have you considered a used 201 ?

Lone Wolf refurbs these saws all the time. If you can stand waiting a bit, he often has one to sell for less than the $ you quoted above. And if it comes from his shop, it will be good.

If you absolutely have to have something this week, I've heard good things said about Echo top handles. But for power at the end of your arm you'll do well to wait for a 200T.

I used to run a Echo top handle, for what they were, they did ok. Replaced them with a Husky435 or some such thing. IT had better power, but was a touch heavier than the echo's. I played with a 193T at the store, and have run a couple tanks thru a 201T with the mtronic. Expensive but nice power. Also heavier than the Husky top handle was. I decided that a muffler modded 150 was the way to go.

to a certain extent you get what you pay for. The Echo's were cheap (kind of) but I had to fiddle with them a bunch.

People have mentioned the 193 a couple times in this thread and the stats seem to be very similar to the 192 in weight power which isn’t a selling point to me..to say I hated my 192 is a understatement.

People have mentioned the 193 a couple times in this thread and the stats seem to be very similar to the 192 in weight power which isn’t a selling point to me..to say I hated my 192 is a understatement.
The 194 T is out now, with a little bit more hp(1.88 I think), but still not at the 201 level.

Stihl saw numbers

First digit - displacement
second digit - if even, it is a pro model, odd, a home owner
Third digit - sequential modifications, e.g. 193 is just a 192 with a modification.

Latest posts

Back