Apprentices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I SOB'd a lot lol My brother inlaw was there to today, and I told him "this is what you DO NOT do" lol

Yes the cultures are we are all Gaels The Scots are descended from the Scotti which came from Ireland the picts are the true natives lol there is another Gael to the Manx and before ya ask the welsh are Celts ........Scotland is Alba and the Highlands is Na Gaidhealtachd

Cheri an drasda thi mi maireach sibh

I know just enough Irish to understand very little of that Failta go geailge, slainte, in some parts of western Ireland you'll see an gaeltacht and then the next 30km will make absolutely no sense....

lol well it make no sense tome either I can only understand the jist of Irish Gaelic I think it means welcome to the Gaeldom lol in our lang it would be said Failte na Gaidhealtachd slainte is cheers or good health ie slainte mhath ......good health now literally

there are 3 types of Scots Gaelic .....Classical ........proper .....and modern .........The first and last I don't speak lol as the first is really only used in literature .....the last the powers that be decided to invent so kids could count decimal and metric and it confuses me easiest to think of I count eg 70 is three twenties and ten (tri fichead 's deich) where now they got a word for it

There is prob more gaelic spoken in Canada and the US than here now lol btw America is Amaireaga and add nach for America (for boy persons lol)

What i typed at the end said ......bye for now I'll see you folks tomorrow lol

I'm sure your all bored so I'm away to wash ma Kilt (yep it a ppe kilt specially for use with chainsaws lmao)

and put a wee drop of oil on your arm pit blade.:hmm3grin2orange:

I have a dirk blade in damascus steel, I have some curly Redwood for the handle. My brother (rip) went about, festooned with weapons of all types, in his business is was required. I also went armed, but not so elaborately. Old habits are hard to overcome, I am some what more restrained these days and often leave the heavy revolvers at home.

We have plenty of mist here, being next to a cold, rocky shore. Hit and dodge, I was never one for standing like a Redcoat.

Small hatchets have their uses as well, I chased down a panther with nothing but one.

Aye, the cat got the worst of it. I have that bit of insanity in my neverending ramble of a book.

Back to the subject, you pointed out the lack of reasonable timber for specialized training. There is a fair amount of old growth still left, in the right area, a special use permit might float, but would not be cost effective. Now second growth Redwoods can be on the hefty side and there is vast amounts of it.

It may be wishful thinking, but I see mechanization slowing or even shrinking as fuel prices go up. It could be that hand falling is still going to be necessary for some time to come. Profit margins are so close for everyone that pushing fuel prices up a dollar or two could put a whole bunch of the mechanized guys out of business.

It may be wishful thinking, but I see mechanization slowing or even shrinking as fuel prices go up. It could be that hand falling is still going to be necessary for some time to come. Profit margins are so close for everyone that pushing fuel prices up a dollar or two could put a whole bunch of the mechanized guys out of business.

Yeah but take into count L & I costs and such. It will drive supply down and once demand exceeds supply raw log prices are going to go up. Also it's estimated that softwood dimensional lumber prices are going to increase by 6.5 or 6.7% over the next 7 years.This is due to the drop in the annual British Columbia harvest from around 9 million cubic meters to around 50 to 60 million cubic meters, Beetle kill salvage coming to a close. Also it's predicted that the Chinese demand is going to increase. What does this mean? The super cheap wood from Canada is coming to a close and the slack is going to have to be taken up by the NW U.S. This is all predicated that our economy doesn't tank as it would wipe out China's and the rest of the world; or that hyperinflation doesn't rear it's head. Basically if the margins get too small you'll see inflation after a stagnation period but the margins will probably never be huge like they were. Not to delve too deep but the physical size of the timber aided in that not to mention less government regulation.

Wes

Latest posts

Back