Appropriate steps to detur firewood thieves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always get the skunk scent or coyote urine, red fox pizz, or coon pizz off any trapping supplier web site. You can draw it up in a syringe and shoot it in the weather stripping around the doors of their car, even shoot it in on the carpet. Do it after dark and they'll never be able to pin it on you.
It'll give her some much needed scrub time on their vehicle. I figured she would be more of a cheap beer kinda gal, like keystone light.

That was one of our beers, they drink the cheap stuff, busch lite I think.

I like the scent in the car idea... they are pretty good at leaving windows open and never park in the garage. Keep the ideas comming! :clap:
I still say that giving your wood to her and keeping her happy will be the most pleasurable for you.:cheers:

If you give her wood, she'll prolly give you a gift that keeps on giving.lol
You just need to get ahold of her "personal" video collection and post it up.

I think your hitting on the real reason they don't want me in the alley behind their deck/firepit area.... there's more going on than just drinking, smoking, hits off the weed pipe and loud profanity. Hmmm, maybe one of those IR cameras needs an alternate location.....:monkey:
:agree2: :agree2:

Video is better. With audio capability. :D :D

Any trappers supply house will have the skunk scent. To be stealthier, I'd spray it under the vehicle, not in. Far less traceable then. Or sprinkle some around the fire pit. If they can't stand the smell, they won't be burning wood.....

If there is plenty of time, and the windows are down, hiding shrimp or fish inside might make a stink after some time. Fish that's native locally would be stealthier.

Who, me? Haven't you seen how many raccoons there are around here?

You can always get the skunk scent or coyote urine, red fox pizz, or coon pizz off any trapping supplier web site. You can draw it up in a syringe and shoot it in the weather stripping around the doors of their car, even shoot it in on the carpet. Do it after dark and they'll never be able to pin it on you.
It'll give her some much needed scrub time on their vehicle. I figured she would be more of a cheap beer kinda gal, like keystone light.

Now we're getting somewhere. Remember where the original idea came from---reps needed please. Fast.

My mind has not stopped since reading this. It stopped before. :givebeer:

More brainers:

Got any biker friends to pay a visit ? Ex Rangers/SF ? Law enforcement people you know ?

Install a couple of CCTV camera or hunting cameras. Even a couple of fake ones will do, the ones that have that tiny red light.

Back to eau d'skunk. But this time place on the muffler(s) with a potato shoved in the pipe.

LSD in their waterpipe. Town water or private well ?

Have a GTG at your place say from 0100 on (when you don't have to go to work).

Have a pre-4th celebration @ an hour when they sleep (invite the good neighbors).

Big mercury motion detector lights.

Forget the "wood" boys. It would be a gift that keeps on giving. Hey, stay away from women with those red eyes. :monkey:

The little grey matter will not cease. Forgive me, I have sinned........

Run a straight pin through their cable wire, make sure it hits touchs the wire in the center, clip it off on the side it sticks out so it will be hard to find.
I'm sure they enjoy the fuzzy reception.

If this is still going on next month, when I am grinding up my shark chum, I can make you a care package. Put some in their car on a hot day and they won't know what hit them.

Of course just some plain ole sea urchins sure do stink out of the water and in the sun.

I would also put some m-80s in their pit. Early fireworks.

LMAO, You guys ain't right. Remind me to NEVER piss one of you off. I'm waitin on the naked drunk chick video from the neighbor. Shoot he could post it on You Tube or if she gets really raunchy, Red Tube,Then sit back and watch the comedy relief. Be sure to post her address and phone number with the video.

Camera / DVR system is operational. I need a better camera location and I'll fix that tomorrow. Friday/Saturday look to be awesome weather wise, they will be back there having a fire one of those nights. Camera system has motion detection that works quite well- detects motion, records for a settable amount of time and time stamps an event in the log. All I have to do is look thru the event log and play them. :)

Last edited:
When the neighbors get served or arrested it should get their attention

Last edited:
This site is great to vent but you should really sit down and read this thread from begining to end.

To sum things up, you have dead beat neighbors who have for a long time taken advantage of you. You ignored their ungratefulness, bad behavior, and even cheating you. Finally, you put your foot down when they stole firewood from you.

Putting your foot down has cost you:

a lot of work

over $1000.00 in surveillance equipment, surveying, lighting

In the near future you will have to spend more money on permits and fencing

and what is the payout for your investment?

you have legal problems with dead beat neighbors and you might end up having to get a lawyer and going through God only knows what.

People who are this lazy would rather spend countless hours figuring out a way of pinning their troubles on someone else rather than taking five minutes to accept responsibility and repair the damage they caused. People like this will blame you for every bad thing they ever did to you; they think you had it coming.

Knowing this you are openly getting into a peeing match with people with nothing to lose and who's ruthlessness is far beyond your pay grade. Do you really think it is wise to post your prank/revenge ideas in a public place where they can find them?

My friend, I think you need to revisit your strategy. Stop fighting them with your pocket book and at the very least get rid of any post that could be viewed as libelous.

Last edited:
My friend, I think you need to revisit your strategy. At the very least get rid of any post that could be viewed as libelous.

I agree. Very funny ideas, all, but if found out, I'm betting there'd be problems pursuing your case in court.

I think you have the right idea from the get-go.

Get a survey & establish property lines.

Put up a CODE COMPLIANT fence.

Security cam (Wow! $600 is pricey) will provide for future evidence.

I'm willing to bet this couple will be foreclosed on in four years or less.

This site is great to vent but you should really sit down and read this thread from begining to end.

To sum things up, you have dead beat neighbors who have for a long time taken advantage of you. You ignored their ungratefulness, bad behavior, and even cheating you. Finally, you put your foot down when they stole firewood from you.

a lot of work

you have legal problems with dead beat neighbors and you might end up having to get a lawyer and going through God only knows what.

People who are this lazy would rather spend countless hours figuring out a way of pinning their troubles on someone else rather than taking five minutes to accept responsibility and repair the damage they caused. People like this will blame you for every bad thing they ever did to you; they think you had it coming.

Knowing this you are openly getting into a peeing match with people with nothing to lose and who's ruthlessness is far beyond your pay grade. Do you really think it is wise to post your prank/revenge ideas in a public place where they can find them?

My friend, I think you need to revisit your strategy. Stop fighting them with your pocket book and at the very least get rid of any post that could be viewed as libelous.

Every word is worth its weight in GOLD .

a lot of work

While reasonable and intelligent, there are situations where reason and intelligence are not effective. In philosophy there is reason, non-reason, and unreason. e.g. war, when no other means is effective.
It is definately unreasonable here for you to blame the victim for his pre-facto very reasonable behavior. While you have some points concerning his efforts and the effects on him, a passive, and "reasonable" action at this point accomplishes little.
Now, in the fight ( it is a fight ) do you think that one is worried about libel online ? We are after all, assuming veracity in the telling. It is us who are posting "prank/revenge" ideas, not the OP.

Latest posts

Back