ArborWare "tech" pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He sounds like my coworker. If he is doing tree work, he puts on one set of tree clothes.

Personally, I tend to change a lot on the jobsite. As things start getting icey and cold, I will probably wear my ballistics more just because they are warmer.

Week and a half, and I'm still smiling. And logging compliments from girls as well. :cool:

I'm thinking I should start another contest on AS with tech pants as the prize. My paycheck tomorrow is 100% disposable. :D I'll be thinking all day about what a good contest would be.

I agree with lopa and xanda, chainsaw pants are a small hassle for alot of protection. But they arent just protection from chainsaws, they hold back thorns, dish towel flicks, road rash when you fall off you bike, shin hits and dog bites.

They are tough, wear well and look much more proffessional than other pants. Here chainsaw protective pants have to be worn whenever your using a saw, even in the tree.
You can spot arborists a mile off as we all wear the same pants, its great for networking with each other and clients start to pick up on it as well. (I have been stopped several times to ask about tree stuff in the supermarket and got a few jobs out of it.)

Eventually they will be as standard in our industry as harnesses and ear protection.

yeah i dont get it, nick makes fun of wearing them, nathan says he needs a change of clothes ;) guy cleans up hurricanes with a zubat what the hells happening in the U.S of A ohh and germany:angel:

Carly aka nickrosis,
Does arborwear sponsor you because you're an olympian? Are you really going to pursue a career in trees? Do you like it better when girls notice you?

Well, get this. I was trimming hedges for local council, with hedgetrimmer not a chainsaw in sight for the local council. The safety officer came out on site and told me I should be wearing chainsaw protection, including chainsaw gloves. I told him that I hadn't got a saw on site. He said it doesn't matter I should have the protection anyway as Im in the profession, and should set an example??? As we didnt want to lose the contract, I conceded the point and wore the gear. H&S gone berserk! Good old England!!

Originally posted by Big A
Well, get this. I was trimming hedges for local council, with hedgetrimmer not a chainsaw in sight for the local council. The safety officer came out on site and told me I should be wearing chainsaw protection, including chainsaw gloves. I told him that I hadn't got a saw on site. He said it doesn't matter I should have the protection anyway as Im in the profession, and should set an example??? As we didnt want to lose the contract, I conceded the point and wore the gear. H&S gone berserk! Good old England!!
See that Aussie? See that? :D

hey bro ive worked under ''texas utilitys'' over here, there scared chitless of getting sued,they were the ones that taught me how to pass the buck;)

looking good?

It's like saying," We don't care about how well you do the job, " We want you to look good while you do whatever it is you do." So put the on the PPE and make the bureaucrats feel like they are usefull? Doesn't work for me. I would have to charge more for the job if it requires making a fashion statement to please bureaucrats.

no its more like we have supplied you and trained you,if you stuff up its your fault

Shrinkage? I meant that the tech pants seem to shrink in the dryer. I've stuck with turning off the heat on the dryer, but does anyone else have a solution? Am I the only one experiencing shrinkage?

My tech pants come out of the washer almost dry. They get hung to finish drying. There have been a couple of times that they've gone in the dryer and they haven't shrunk.

Many of my other pants have shrunk when they made the move from Minneapolis at 900' elevation to the mile high elevation of Denver. I hate to think about what might happen if I wear the TP up to Pike's Peak or any of the other 14ers. I can't figure out that phenomenon. Has anyone else experienced elevation shrinkage?

Tom

Not I.

What were you saying? Wearing TP up a mountain? I keep TP in a zip-lock bag so it's dry when I need it. Wearing seems you'd be exposing it to the elements but it would be more handily accessed.

Back