ArborWare "tech" pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sucks don't it? I'm guessing you and I have the same problem... Just 'cuz I have a 36" inseam doesn't mean I have the legs of Jean-Claude Van-Damme. (sp?) Same crap with the length of shirts.

Originally posted by Nathan Wreyford
Makes a good argument for pants that actually have chainsaw protection;)

Is this TreeTX condoning the use of chainsaw pants........you mean like the chaps we discussed so many months ago........funny, I can't find those post anymore.

i dont get how you guys think chainsaw pants/cutproofs are a big deal,i pay $180 for mine sure there warm big deal you get years out of them.i dont go to work with out them,the added protection inserts save alot of pain;)

cut proofs pants are a statment you can climb over here,if your on a chipper you get oil drenched chaps,its a status thing amongst small crews, cos:cool: rules are they have to supply 2 pairs due to hygeine issues,nick if you have trouble getting any to fit i can get you some stihl branded ones

Busted!!

Originally posted by xander9727
Is this TreeTX condoning the use of chainsaw pants........you mean like the chaps we discussed so many months ago........funny, I can't find those post anymore.

It still hurts me to argue for them. I think they are really good protection for the day when it doesn't happen to the "other guy".

I would still have problems using them on a hot day or pruning with my Zubat. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by aussie_lopa
whats the issue with not wearing cut proofs:confused: :confused:
Here we go again. :D Why wear saw resistant pants when you're just using a hand saw? It's not necessary. Wear them when using a chain saw.

Just for argument, say you are pruning with a zubat and have one large stub to cut off on your way down the tree. Do you go down, change pants, or just call up for the saw and make "just one cut"?

Ok, you call up for the saw - duh!

Now, say there are 4 cuts like that in a tree......or 14....it gets to be a slippery slope.

Off to work!!

im not going to argue,but dont talk high quality tree work and say ill put cut proofs on when it suits me,saftey starts when you walk out the door IMO

I think if you walk out the door and use a handsaw all day, you shouldn't feel badly that you didn't wear chainsaw resistant pants. It shouldn't even cross your mind or remotely be viewed as irresponsible, as far as I'm concerned.

If you're using a chainsaw, the issues change. Aussie, you and I differ on this, but I believe following the ANSI standard is an acceptable baseline standard. If you want to go beyond that, I would in no way stop you...I'd encourage you. But I would never tell someone who is doing a good job pruning in a tree that they're a hack since they don't have saw pants on. UNLESS, the standard changed and the pants were required for chainsaw work in trees.

In Australia, I say follow the rules, by all means. Wear the pants and comply. It's better for you. But I'm not going to get on this site and pontificate about how everyone is a hack if they don't wear chaps at all times.

. But I'm not going to get on this site and pontificate about how everyone is a hack if they don't wear chaps at all times. [/B][/QUOTE

each to there own,put it this way do you know how much blood loss till your dead or is this to much for AS

You keep dodging the question, though. Do you think it's necessary to wear chaps when you're not using a chainsaw?

I don't mean it as a trick question or anything. If you're going out to prune small trees and don't bring a chainsaw along, do you still compelled to wear chaps?

its up to the individual,i bit of padding on front legs is good for climbing,chipping etc:angel: dodge:D

Originally posted by Nickrosis
You keep dodging the question, though. Do you think it's necessary to wear chaps when you're not using a chainsaw?

I don't mean it as a trick question or anything. If you're going out to prune small trees and don't bring a chainsaw along, do you still compelled to wear chaps?

Answer........No, of course not. I wore the chainsaw pants today but for the rest of the week I am knocking fine deadwood out of trees in a graveyard. Up and down lots of big trees, running through them with nuttin' but a zübat for cuttin'. I will wear more comfy pants.;)

Latest posts

Back