Arctic blast still blasting here in the Southern Tier of Upstate NY ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashhole

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Not much to do but feed the fire, watch football and drink beer. Temps definately took a down turn and the wind is blowing too hard to work outside. We had a dusting of snow this morning.

The neighbors harvested all the apples out of my orchard yesterday for the second pressing of cider. We had a bumper crop this year. I will start pruning the trees in December.

A hose broke on my splitter so I can't split the stuff I have cut untill I replace it. Probably next week sometime. I have well over 4 cords to split, all Ash.

Chainsaws are all maintained, bars dressed and sharp chains.

Both tractors have fresh oil and lube.

I actually sold some firewood yesterday to a guy I work with who got caught too late in the season to get seasoned wood for his new wood stove. $125 for a short bed P/U with a cap on it, he picked up 2 loads and also left me a case of beer.

Guns are sighted in for opening day of deer season next weekend. Reloading room is all in order.

Generator was fired up for its quarterly test.

Garage is cleaned out so we can get both vehicles inside ... again.

What else is a guy to do?

Sit down in front of your stove put your feet up and relax, might as well make the most of it because if things work the way they do around my house it won't be long and there will be something else come up. Enjoy your recess, you earned it.

Besides napping, not much...around here when it gets real cold and miserable I put out chow for the wild birdies, that's about it, that and normal winter chores. If it is dry and just cold I like to hand split then. Cold and wet, nuts, inside..that is what wood heat is for! Hibernation!

Yeah, them winds are howling. Spent yesterday rearranging the garage/sheds to get everything where it goes for the winter so my better half can get her car in the garage for the winter. Gotta keep the missus happy. Wish I had a polebarn, its like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic every fall & spring.

I wish I was as prepared as you, I'm still behind the 8-ball. The "arctic blast" doesnt seem too bad. I wish I didn't have to work I wanted to go cut today.

I'm not a good hibernator. :)

I will gather wood all winter as long as the snow is not too deep. The Honey-Do list will grow, it always does.

I do, too, just not when it is slimy drizzly cold. Snow I like, we don't get all that much, but what we do I like, but cold drizzle, meh, hibernate! z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z wake up in chair, throw wood in stove..z-z-z-z-z-z-z

hahahahaha!

nice covering of snow this morning, only a couple inches but its the first real snow i've seen in years

Barely got out of the 20's today. Snow spritzin' here and there. Got a decent buck with the bow Nov 1, so I'm cooking and eating while I feed the stove. Venison hash for the next few days. I have some some bigger splits that I need to make smaller so they'll dry a little quicker, but there's no real hurry. I'm getting soft already! :givebeer:

I've got several friends in the Albany-Saratoga-Lake George area. Sounds like your area has been cold all fall. Often times its been colder than here...

Geez loweez, it's cold here! Warm as it got this morning in the 30s and dropping fast now and all kinza crazy windy. Just dropped a fat oak ugly in the stove.

Guess this is yankee payback for all the hot humid air got that pushed north this past spring and summer.

Sucks it's gonna be back in the 50-60's within a few days. I was hoping for a nice cold start to gun season, bow season has been terrible.

Got a bit of snow last night. I hope we get a bit more Friday night for hunting on Saturday.

12 Nov 2013

You and I live really close to each other. I'm at about 1600ft elevation, we got a bit more last night too but it's starting to melt off right now. I don't think we are going to have any snow for saturday, it's supposed to be a good bit warmer and close to zero chance of precipitation...

Latest posts

Back