are petzle vertex helmets worth tha price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what colors stand out the best in the trees?

Without being a smart aleck . . .

I am red-green color blind (along with about 15% of US males), and things stand out differently to me than to some others. This created problems years ago when I was a land surveyor and would walk right over 'hot pink' ribbon, while my co-workers could not see the royal blue stuff I hung in the spruce trees.

So, is it for you to see the helmet, for you to be seen by others, in what kinds of trees, etc., etc., etc.? Bright yellow might jump out in the summer and winter but hide in the fall!

Philbert

Good post on what seemed like a stupid question phil.

Like I said, I think they should put a brim on the front. They should also offer that nice compact face screen and earmuffs (like the peltor lumberjack) in colors to match the hat. Who wants a yellow hat with orange muffs??

The problem is this wouldnt be cost effective for them. Notice they dont mind airbrushing them and trying to sell em to you at $400 (or whatever it is) a pop though!

Like I said, I think they should put a brim on the front. They should also offer that nice compact face screen and earmuffs (like the peltor lumberjack) in colors to match the hat. Who wants a yellow hat with orange muffs??

Oh but then you have to worry about wearing out of season colours, and with my complexion I find the combination of colours excentuates my checkbones while moving attention away from my small ears. But you can be honest with me, does this thread make me look fat?:)

Vertex vent with peltor powercom two way radios. Hearing, Talking, & Head protection. All with really noisy stuff runing full throttle. :chainsaw:

how many of you like the Petzl Ecrin Roc. you know to be honest i dont care much for mesh face shields. i wear sunglasses and thats it so i was considering the ecrin roc helmet. they seem to be the second most popular.

Vertex vent with peltor powercom two way radios. Hearing, Talking, & Head protection. All with really noisy stuff runing full throttle. :chainsaw:

88022-00000.jpg

Oh but then you have to worry about wearing out of season colours, and with my complexion I find the combination of colours excentuates my checkbones while moving attention away from my small ears. But you can be honest with me, does this thread make me look fat?:)

This is funny. I knew someone would go there.

Just a little anal about the color scheme is all timber. lol.

I never used to wear one either MD. Then i got sick of people yammering on about the things in here and finally bought a good one. Now I feel naked up there without it (looks way more pro in these changing times as well). Its the same with the bucket harness these days... never used to wear one of those either. Now I wont go up without it.

I have been strapping a Petzl to my head ever since a widow maker cracked my 20 dollar X-games helmet. I don't like a brim though I can see how it offers a bit more protection. I find the brim obstructs my line of sight and have to cran my neck more than I would have to with a brimless helmet. I got a white one to relflect the sun so it would be cooler.

I have been strapping a Petzl to my head ever since a widow maker cracked my 20 dollar X-games helmet. I don't like a brim though I can see how it offers a bit more protection. I find the brim obstructs my line of sight and have to cran my neck more than I would have to with a brimless helmet. I got a white one to relflect the sun so it would be cooler.

I hear you on that aspect of the brim dano.

I got the yellow one. It goes nicely with my dark green shirts with the gold logo and lettering... the earmuffs really would complete the outfit however. :)

Hey, at least theyre making these things nicer so that people dont mind wearing them... they should keep at it was my point. lol.

Here BLACK color is cheap.

Used a front brim stihl for years, it got pretty beat up so I decided to give the Vertex Vent a try. Paid top dollar for it (orange color) and loved it, (nice and cool in the southern California summers) until my buddy didn't't realize it was laying in the bed of my truck and he tossed a large chunk of tamarisk into the bed and crunch! :cry: The thought of paying another $115.00 gagged me so I checked around and found this place called officerstore.com They have the vent in Black for $69.00 so I got one. Took some orange reflective strip and trimmed it to my liking to provide better visibility in the trees. Worked out good for me and my bud because he paid for the helmet and I saved him some dough....Which we both indulged in by him buying the beer for a few weeks. :cheers:
Good luck on whatever you choose.

I have a Vertex Vent and an Ecrin Roc...I gave the Vent to my groundie, it hung too far off the back of my head and the adjuster wouldnt go small enough...he likes it because it doesn't fall off when looking up like the orange construction style one he had before.
I wear the Roc...the chinstrap and suspension adjustment are better than the Vent IMO, both have mesh screen with the elastic 'chip shield' over the top.

White is the only colour for the sub tropics...goes nice with the orange ear muffs.:chainsaw:

Back