Are You a Keeper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boca joe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I guess I'm just an old man who's missing his wife, so do me a favor.

Before you go to bed Sunday nite, put your arms around your mate, look her in the eye and say, "I've been thinkin' and I think i love you almost as much as I love my chainsaw(s)."

If you live to see Monday's sun, you can conclude she decided you are a keeper.

But if you suddenly stop posting, the rest of us will know you didn't take very good care of your chainsaw(s). If that's true then we're probably better off without anymore of your genes in the pool anyhow. LOL.

I know I'm worth more dead than alive and my wife still talks to me and made me a huge eggs and toast dinner last night. That seems like a positive. I did have an epiphany about ten years ago when I realized I was treating my drink'in buddies better than my spouse. Luckily, I changed my behavior in time.

My wife loves saws. She owns more than i do right now. Bout 40 or so. We take care of them pretty well. One even lives in the house on the entertainment center above the tv. She loves her saws more than me maybe!!:dizzy:

I know I'm worth more dead than alive and my wife still talks to me and made me a huge eggs and toast dinner last night. That seems like a positive. I did have an epiphany about ten years ago when I realized I was treating my drink'in buddies better than my spouse. Luckily, I changed my behavior in time.

Repped.

Yea I hear ya. I learned that lesson back when I was in my twentys. I have been married 38 years now. Just remember I have to give alittle to get alittle.

Did you??
How were the eggs cooked?Lots of butter??Bacon??
How's your cholesterol????::msp_scared:
eating lots of pork???
:wink2:
Just kidding,glad you reilized the error of your ways.
we went through a rough patch years ago,managed to work through it.I just couldn't stand being a part time Dad.Took a long time but was worth it.
Thomas

No doubt, a lot of times its the woman behind the man that helps make a great man. Three weeks ago my wife gave me one of the greatest things any man could ever ask for... Our son, Oliver. Yes he is named after the greatest tractor ever produced, but that's another conversation for a different blog. Anyways here he is.View attachment 237118

Heck, she'll rip what ever I have (had!) in my hand at the time, and take over...

Last weekend (Monday-Tuesday for us) she yanked the 362 out from under me... then when it was ALMOST out of fuel, she stole the 365 that I sat down to move a limb..... DAMN B!:angry:

I WILL give her credit - she'll sit down next to me and run the file as good as, or better (DON'T tell her I said so..) with me.. But can't tune by ear for s.... But knows how to make a mix.

Ohh, yeah, we ain't "married" - been "dating" for 18 years :D

My wife loves saws. She owns more than i do right now. Bout 40 or so. We take care of them pretty well. One even lives in the house on the entertainment center above the tv. She loves her saws more than me maybe!!:dizzy:

Pics required! (please!) of saw.

Heck, she'll rip what ever I have (had!) in my hand at the time, and take over...

Last weekend (Monday-Tuesday for us) she yanked the 362 out from under me... then when it was ALMOST out of fuel, she stole the 365 that I sat down to move a limb..... DAMN B!:angry:

I WILL give her credit - she'll sit down next to me and run the file as good as, or better (DON'T tell her I said so..) with me.. But can't tune by ear for s.... But knows how to make a mix.

Lets see here....has 7 years passed? :hmm3grin2orange:

I just said to my wife of 26 years...."Honey, I love you almost as much as I love my saws". She said "That sounds about right" and turned back to her movie.

What does that mean????? :msp_mellow:

I just said to my wife of 26 years...."Honey, I love you almost as much as I love my saws". She said "That sounds about right" and turned back to her movie.

She knows you're telling the truth.

for me..

I love the saws..but after my Wife's two bouts of Cancer in 8 years in which She is just now struggling to re-gain her health after months of chemo/surgery-and the news Emphazima is there to stay for however long she has..It really brings home what you really need to put the most value on. For me: (#1)- God (#2)-Family (#3)-Health (#4) my saw's ..I do love them all thou. Gene

What it really means is that you are comfortable with each other, and that is a good thing.

Well says me, "I'm going to give this a try." So I go into the bedroom where my wife was already in bed 'cause she's leaving 05:00 for a two day trip. I snuggled up next to her and said, "Are you going to miss me?" She says "mmmm" so I said, "I love you almost as much as my saws." She says, "what saws?" I say, "my chain saws!". She says, "Are you missing some saws?" Apparently she thought I said I missed her as much as my saws and thus couldn't figure out what saws were missing. So that whole thing was a flop. I guess I don't know whether I'm a keeper or not at this point. Been working on it for about 24.5 years now....

That she loves you almost as much as she loves her movie. :msp_thumbup:

I'll tell my wife of 15 years+2 weeks that tomorrow. I bet she'll say something like, "Uh-huh. Well, you better go cut some wood then. You'll need something to keep you warm with that attitude!" :check:

No doubt, a lot of times its the woman behind the man that helps make a great man. Three weeks ago my wife gave me one of the greatest things any man could ever ask for... Our son, Oliver. Yes he is named after the greatest tractor ever produced, but that's another conversation for a different blog. Anyways here he is.View attachment 237118

Yep, and you don't have any idea how your life has changed, and how you will begin to think of your wife as your child's mother and not some hot chick you chased until she said yes!

It's about time you make an honest woman out of her...

I love the saws..For me: (#1)- God (#2)-Family (#3)-Health (#4) my saw's ..I do love them all thou. Gene

That's the right order!!

Latest posts

Back