Arkansas Oklahoma Missouri GTG.....Who's game?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should have said this at the start of the thread, if a member can't make it just send your go to saw. Ha Ha

:chainsawguy:
:chainsawguy:

I'll take it if he can't.

I need to get off this thing and go to the shop and work I have 4 saws to but together before the GTG most have parts on order except the new Homelite Super XL 925 I still need to order parts for it.

Thank you supercabs help is much appreciated I will pm you soon with my expected in tow.:clap:

Pretty much. I'm planning on quite a large fire, a good sleeping bag, and maybe a tent depending on the weather conditions.

We're talking December, not sure about down there, but it gets pretty cold out here in STL that time of year..... yea, I'll be the pu$$y sleeping in his running truck.:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
We're talking December, not sure about down there, but it gets pretty cold out here in STL that time of year..... yea, I'll be the ##### sleeping in his running truck.:hmm3grin2orange:

The weather in this area can be all over the map that time of year. If at all possible, I'd say to try to keep both weekends open and let the weather pick the date for us. Rain in December makes anything pretty miserable. Of course its very possible to be 60 in the daylight and high 40s at night.

We're talking December, not sure about down there, but it gets pretty cold out here in STL that time of year..... yea, I'll be the pu$$y sleeping in his running truck.:hmm3grin2orange:

Lmao PM Freehand he is hosting and offered accommodation info. I have offered to help him in this gtg and will do all in my power to make it great. This is exciting opportunity to meet the big hitters like SS and Freehand, enjoy the most beautiful area in our state etc. We will have SS in a dunking booth, the fire will be big so don't sweat the small stuff:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I might try to get an old Homelite EZ6 running for the GTG, been sitting in the garage for years.....:help:

The weather in this area can be all over the map that time of year. If at all possible, I'd say to try to keep both weekends open and let the weather pick the date for us. Rain in December makes anything pretty miserable. Of course its very possible to be 60 in the daylight and high 40s at night.

I would agree if only locals were interested, however many will have to plan there schedule and accommodations in advance. I will work with freehand to have some type of alternate poor weather plan such as; tent-canopies, depending or turn out guy's. Lets get this thing spreading guy's, this is going to be fun. On a side note: dangerous weather such as Ice storms goes without saying. We definitely want everyone to enjoy this gtg and get home safe.

BIG plus one on the weather,Blackcat.....leaving both dates open for now would be wise.....

How would you drop this one?:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Those that stated earlyer in this thread they were coming PM me with total number of people your bringing.

I'll put this in every couple pages of the thread, in case someone doesn't read the whole thing.

Most of us haven't been to a GTG not sure what all is needed to be done. I do know we need some name tags with user name and real name.

Besides:chainsawguy:what else, any advice.

Last edited:
Those that stated earlyer in this thread they were coming PM me with total number of people your bringing.

I'll put this in every couple pages of the thread, in case someone doesn't read the hole thing.

Most of us haven't been to a GTG not sure what all is needed to be done. I do know we need some name tags with user name and real name.

Besides:chainsawguy:what else, any advice.

If all is ok with our host my wife has name tags she can print off of your pm list and bring them with us! I asked the same question on what was needed to make a great gtg from a member well versed in them. Attendance, set up logs which I will help our host with prior to event day. Some will want to race some will just want cut wood so we will have all the goodys for the meet to be a success.

Last edited:
Back