Art's 090 does it again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
After another weekend in California Rotax Robert wins with Art Martin's 090!

Robert and Gypo spent the weekend at Paul Smith's shop in Oroville, Ca. for a good day of sawing....

The Rupley's didn't make it, nor did Art, but Ken Dunn was on hand to watch the show and his saws perform.

In the 6ci and over class the times were as follows...I may not have them dead on, I will be corrected if I am not I am sure...lol
I think this was a 21" log

1st Robert Andrews 3.43 Arts 090
2nd Tommy Fales Jr. 3.90 3120
3rd Andy Fales 4.61 3120 (watch out for this guy..he is only 17 and already kicking butt)
4th Dennis Cahoon 4.74 Mac
5th John Lambert 5.65 3120
6th Dennis Harvey 6.06 084
7th Mike Butello 6.91 west bend
8th Paul Smith 6.91 Mac
9th Mike Howsel 6.99 Mac

In the under 6ci class

1st Tommy Fales Jr 3.53 not sure what saw...
2nd Robert Andrews 3.70 655BP
3rd Andy Fales 3.76 not sure again

5 and under

1st Dennis Cahoon 3.65 Solo 680(apparently unbeatable saw)
2nd Tommy Fales Jr. 4.39
3rd Dennis Harvey 4.48
4th Andy Fales 5.04
5th Robert Andrews 5.09

these are the times that I have been given so far...I am sure the details will be given in time...

I think that Robert and Gypo also won the award for the slowest trip through the drive through pizza window, sounding like the loudest car, while on foot.

I guess what caught my eye is not who won or competed, but what competed. How long has it been since a west bend engine was used in a saw? And those old Macs don't seem to die. I would like to see pics of the saws.

Jeff

Nice to see people putting money where their mouths were.

Striker- Art himself restored a "Whitehead" chainsaw that came stock with a West Bend 8.2 cubic inch motor, and Art did a beautiful job too. I have pictures somewhere. It's a fantastic looking and running saw. I doubt it's for racing.

It was a great show and we all had fun. I found my long lost Dad when I was there, he's been a timber fallin' Gypo Logger all these years.
John

Originally posted by Gypo Logger
The scenery was also very easy on the eyes as well.
John

Oh yeah!!

The Mama's and the Papa's "California Dreamin' " comes to mind...and of course the Beach Boy's "California Girls"

Hello John
I glad to hear you had fun. What did you think of the sample race chain I sent out with the saw to Ken's? Did you run that belly bar on the 3120?

Hi Seth, the chains were great thanks, but whats up with the Carolina Poplar, oh, I see, trying to fool us all inta thinking thats it's Walnut.

Hi Seth, the chains were great thanks, but whats up with the Carolina Poplar, oh, I see, trying to fool us all inta thinking thats it's Walnut.
John

Back