AS members, its time to take care of our own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avalancher maybe you would consider one of the many veterans charities or organizations. Such as Wounded Warriors or The USO just to name two out of the many.

Raffle Tickets

Hey I own a print shop so if your getting paper tickets made I will do them for nothing. Sorry if I am behind and someone has already said this. I haven't read all the pages. Just shoot me a pm whoever is doing it.

Avalancher maybe you would consider one of the many veterans charities or organizations. Such as Wounded Warriors or The USO just to name two out of the many.

I figured to take a poll after the helmet is on its way around the country and see what everyone thinks.I figured that the best option is to see if we can help someone from here,but if that doesnt pan out or the majority wants something different that is okay with me.

Hey I own a print shop so if your getting paper tickets made I will do them for nothing. Sorry if I am behind and someone has already said this. I haven't read all the pages. Just shoot me a pm whoever is doing it.

I appreciate your offer, but I figured to keep it simple.I thought the best way is to just put members names on a chunk of paper,one for each ticket bought and throw it in a hat.Looks like we will have a lot more to raffle off besides the helmet, a number of members have chimed in with stuff to raffle off.I got a good chance in talking a few saws out of a friend of mine that has a jilllion of them to really liven up the raffle off.

okay guys, if you want to participate, you need to pm me your name and address.simply sending me a message saying you want in doesnt help:)

Sounds like a good idea. Most of us wouldn't need to pay much for shipping if we do it right.. Send it to Mnguns and I'll pick it up from him. We'll use the shipping cost for a few :cheers:

I might even stop down to his place and he can try our his new saw on a load of my wood. :monkey:

Sounds like a good idea. Most of us wouldn't need to pay much for shipping if we do it right.. Send it to Mnguns and I'll pick it up from him. We'll use the shipping cost for a few :cheers:

I might even stop down to his place and he can try our his new saw on a load of my wood. :monkey:

Sounds great if we can knock out two guys with one stop.But one of you is going to have to give me your address, i didnt find either of you on the list!

you all have excellent ideas, keep em coming. I had figured to keep the cost down on the raffle tickets so everyone could join in without breaking the bank, but hey, if you want to up it to five bucks, thats fine. I had figured to start the bank with fifty bucks out myself since Baileys threw the helmet in.

As for who gets the proceeds after the raffle, we can decide that at our leisure, I just really wanted to get the ball rolling on signing the thing.
anyone have any gtg soon?
May 22nd a GTG in NC. And one in TN on June 19th

Count me in.... Are you going to try to group the list in order of proximity? For example, I am in Winston-Salem, NC and there are a few AS members in Greensboro / Raleigh / Charlotte. It woul make the helmet spend less time in transit and more time in the hands of a member... Just a thought.
Im in NC :)

This is a great idea for the AS community.

Id like to be included

How about a backup plan for giving? If, after the money is collected, some unforeseen dispute/argument arises over who should receive the generosity of this drive, the money will then be donated to a predetermined reputable charity by a certain date or after receiving a certain number of signatures on the helmet.

I like the backup plan , or could we benefit more than 1 member in need by paying for firewood for some that can't cut/afford their own due to illness, injury, etc. ? Just a random thought. A C

Got the helmet today 5/17. It is a lot nicer than I thought I may have to get one of those.I will take a pic and ship it in the morning 5/18

I appreciate your offer, but I figured to keep it simple.I thought the best way is to just put members names on a chunk of paper,one for each ticket bought and throw it in a hat.Looks like we will have a lot more to raffle off besides the helmet, a number of members have chimed in with stuff to raffle off.I got a good chance in talking a few saws out of a friend of mine that has a jilllion of them to really liven up the raffle off.

Just don't get supercabs and freehand to do it.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=137427&stc=1&d=1274113465
attachment.php

Here is the helmet. I know it is supposed to be a pic in front of the woodpile. It is gonna be a few days before I could get to the woodpile. I didnt want to hang onto it and delay the process. Helmet is on the way to gene in NC. I will post tracking number tomorrow evening

Good deal, looks like that thing is making good time already.I tried to group everyone as close together as possible to minimize postage costs, as well as make it as speedy as possible from one member to the next.Give me a minute and I will post a map of the route that it will be taking,although we have new members asking to be added to the list.

Here is the first leg map,after plotting them all out on mapquest looks like I didnt do as good a job on plotting them out as I should.I might have to tweak the route a bit and send an updated route to a member to replace the one in the box.

Back