AS members, its time to take care of our own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there was a list of name going around whit the cap, someone should know who had it last.

Did anyone check ebay lately?

If it is in the United States Post Office system there is no telling.

Democracy is two wolves

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

When the people find they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic............"
Ben Franklin

The helmet has been located. Fortunately, it saved the life of the person who last had it! :hmm3grin2orange:

Saved me a trip to the ER this morning. Feel stupid that it happened but at least I was protected. Widow maker about 1.5" around and 4' long. Finished the back cut and the tree started moving. I was getting out of the way and got hit with this seemingly small branch. I was getting ready to look up too...

Sore neck and back but good to cut another day.

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2647106

If the helmet is still going around I like to get involved..... I know its a little late I just read the thread.....:bowdown:

Well, I have some good news, and some bad news.It has taken me almost a week to gather the strength to post this, namely because I have been unable to get a grip on how to handle this situation.

The helmet is being returned to me,and according to the tracking info will be here tomorrow.A fellow member here has hit troubling times, and in his set back in life evidently forgot he had the thing in his spare bedroom.

From what I can tell, it has been setting there a month, meanwhile all of us have wondered what the deal is.I have agreed not to mention to anyone who has been sitting on it,but needless to say I am very disapointed that this thing has not been going anywhere for some time.Although we agreed early on to continue this project into next year, I want everyone who wants to participate to have the opportunity to.

When it arrives I am going to destroy the list that has been accompanying the helmet in its travels, and print out a new one to accompany it,and will include the names of a number of folks who chimed in after it left here the last time.From what I understand, it is still in fine shape with no names lost on the helmet, it appears that the rubbing problem was taken care of.

Dont ask who sat on it, Im not telling.I am ticked enough for all of us, but at this point willing to show a little compassion.
Last but not least, I will sometime today post a list of all the members its still going to.If you are on the list and dont want to be,speak up.If you dont think you can ship the thing back out within a reasonable amount of time, then let me know.
If your name is not on the list, and you want to participate, then let me know as soon as possible.

As a sidenote, you wanna know what upset me the most about this?

I havent been even able to log on here and BS with you guys because of it. Seems that my own chair here around the fire has been tainted,didnt even feel like home to me. I know maybe I took it a little to personal,but i dunno. I popped in once in awhile over the last week,but it just didnt feel right hanging out here.Kinda like someone sat in my chair while I was gone and drank outa my coffee cup.

Im nuts.I know.

As a sidenote, you wanna know what upset me the most about this?

I havent been even able to log on here and BS with you guys because of it. Seems that my own chair here around the fire has been tainted,didnt even feel like home to me. I know maybe I took it a little to personal,but i dunno. I popped in once in awhile over the last week,but it just didnt feel right hanging out here.Kinda like someone sat in my chair while I was gone and drank outa my coffee cup.

Im nuts.I know.

Don't worry about it, bro.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hey, Things Happens!! I'm just glad that I didn't sit on the hat. It very well could have been me. I had Lyme for going on three years so from time to time, I go in and out of reality and forget many things. Last December I drove to town to get a haircut and ended up being lost for several hours. I don't think one person here blames anyone nor do any of us dare throw stones. The hat can still go around and more names will be added so that in itself it a plus.

Gone a good note, I'm lucky enough to have a very sexy neighbor who has a very understanding husband. It might sound like an excuse to some but I really thought I was lost again.

:bowdown:

All right helmet comes back to old avalancher, he makes a new list and sends it out in the new year, all will be good. Lets get this thing moving again. I would like to see a updated pic of the helmet myself.:D

Beefie

okay. i just saw this thread. how can that be? anyways, i wanna sign the hat. is that still possible? has the raffle taken place? whats the deal?
oh yeah, and bump.

Okay, i will be short but sweet.I am not sure if its still open for folks to sign, I have put it up for comments on another thread.We had a lot of members bail when the change took place the beginning of the new year, a lot of members got banned for one reason or another,etc.

The raffle has not taken place,it will be held this november unless we all decide to terminate it early for lack of participation.If you want any more details,I could bore you to death or click on the first page of this thread and its all spelled out.If by chance we continue this project, I will be happy to add you to the list.

Time for a new list and for members to speak up I f they want to be on or not. Read the first page to decide if this is a good cause for you to participate in. Lets see this thru .

Beefie

Back