Atom (or similar) ignition on a Jonsered 70E?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zuren

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm going to make a last ditch effort to get my dad's 70E running. I replaced the ignition unit (SEM) with a used one and it lasted about a year. Anything I find will either be used or ~30 yr. old. Someone suggested using an Atom ignition, but I know nothing about them.

Can someone please provide me some info about these as they pertain to a chainsaw, and specifically to a Jonsered 70E if you have the knowledge? I haven't contacted the company directly yet, I would like some more real world knowledge.

Does this company still make ignition units? I found this website but I'm not impressed, doesn't provide much info: http://www.atomindustries.com.au/default.asp

Can an Atom ignition be installed on a 70E? If so, which model? Is installing one a DIY job?

If anyone can offer any advise/suggestions, I'm listening! Please provide as much info and/or links that you can. I'm not terribly savvy on where to look for parts or answers. Thanks!

zuren said:
I'm going to make a last ditch effort to get my dad's 70E running. I replaced the ignition unit (SEM) with a used one and it lasted about a year. Anything I find will either be used or ~30 yr. old. Someone suggested using an Atom ignition, but I know nothing about them.

Can someone please provide me some info about these as they pertain to a chainsaw, and specifically to a Jonsered 70E if you have the knowledge? I haven't contacted the company directly yet, I would like some more real world knowledge.

Does this company still make ignition units? I found this website but I'm not impressed, doesn't provide much info: http://www.atomindustries.com.au/default.asp

Can an Atom ignition be installed on a 70E? If so, which model? Is installing one a DIY job?

If anyone can offer any advise/suggestions, I'm listening! Please provide as much info and/or links that you can. I'm not terribly savvy on where to look for parts or answers. Thanks!
That saw don't have point's, so the atom woun't help you as it's used to replace point's. try running a jumper wire from the module to the engine to make shure your getting a good ground.

yahno zuren, yeersago der wuz anudr site fur sawz anna geeneous anserd ajonny kueschun bout da 7e . i rundem sahz alott n nvr hat ur trubl. et may b er gap. c f enny 1 kn git u 2 woodtik 4m ,erlee 80s n rembr Walt. F u kn git indare u wil no wats rong ..

Latest posts

Back