ATV Chain Saw Holder /w pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well it was raining all day, big storm coming up out of Texas/Ark, so we worked in the shop a little. Been having trouble keeping my chain saw on the 4 wheeler. So we came up with a saw holder made out of plywood and 6 ea 2" bolts and washers. My father in law makes these rear mounting baskets, they just snap on and off, work good for hauling gas/oil tools and other misc. things just to narrow for the saw. So today we came up with a wood saw holder that keeps the saw on the inside for clearing brush etc. Should work great when we just want a quick trip into the wood to cut some wood.

As always welcome any comments....

atv_saw_holder_480.jpg

atv_saw_holder2_480.jpg

atv_saw_holder4_480.jpg

Tires kicking up mud on the bar tip, chain, might be worthwhile to address that, at least from the pictures it seems that could be an issue.

Tires kicking up mud on the bar tip, chain, might be worthwhile to address that, at least from the pictures it seems that could be an issue.

Good thought, we usually only cut when the ground is frozen or dry. But might rig up a front mounted mud flap or something...... Normally I would not have the saw with me when trail riding or muddin with with the kid.

Great idea. I have been thinking on how I can carry 2 or 3 saws on the atv, this should work great. As far as the mud on the bar and chain, how about attaching an extra scabbard in the slot to keep it clean or making the wood "holster" long enough to fit the whole bar?

Nice fab work,

Well it was raining all day, big storm coming up out of Texas/Ark, so we worked in the shop a little. Been having trouble keeping my chain saw on the 4 wheeler. So we came up with a saw holder made out of plywood and 6 ea 2" bolts and washers. My father in law makes these rear mounting baskets, they just snap on and off, work good for hauling gas/oil tools and other misc. things just to narrow for the saw. So today we came up with a wood saw holder that keeps the saw on the inside for clearing brush etc. Should work great when we just want a quick trip into the wood to cut some wood.

A rubber mud flap, wood be my first choice,. Good lookin attachment, Is he manufacturing them,?..
T,C, E,J,

yup i would say mud and dirt is your only issue with that deal...good to go man i like it

Nice!

I would recommend some way to hold the saw down so the rear suspension kant kick and fling it over your head.

My bike threw my ass over my head once, I was able to gas it right about the time I kissed the headlight and land on my seat, but it sucked.

Just my thoughts.

Here's mine

Here's mine, Double barrel. Saws aren't in but I don't have the mud/debri hitting the bar and chain. To remove I turn a simple wing nut. It'll hold two 20 inch bar'd saws.

atv_saw_holder_480.jpg

atv_saw_holder2_480.jpg

atv_saw_holder4_480.jpg

Nice color choice on the 4 wheeler, wish I had the wheels.

M-R some nice wheels.....

Id like to see a shot of the whole quad. I looked through the picture link in your sig and didnt see any.

Found the pics of the chick in the Bikini though!!

Last edited:
more ATV pics

M-R some nice wheels.....Id like to see a shot of the whole quad. I looked through the picture link in your sig and didnt see any. Found the pics of the chick in the Bikini though!!

He He.. no chick pics.... But here are some more of my Honda Foreman. My brother painted it for me, he Reps Dupont, Standox and House of Kolor paint.

This is right after I mounted the new wheels and tires.

atv1_480.jpg

My brother painting the body.

atv2_480.jpg

A day riding near a friend's lake.

atv_480.jpg

Those look like 589 tires. I'm looken at the bear claws for my Rancher. I highly recomend the alumin. cv shaft guards. on the front. And a winch.

Nothing like 589's, in snow or mud.
And I use a cut off Pvc water discharge hose as a cover for my saws.

Back