atv's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video, is that a helmet cam you used? I notice the snorks did you fab your own or find a kit that works well? My 6yr old daughter watched the vid with me and mentioned that you don't ride too fast...I told her you can't since you were riding a Grizz.

Yep it is, the Contour HD 720p, got it a few years ago when they first came out, have much nicer versions now. I did build my own snorks, all from supplies from Lowes and a pond supply. The clutch and engine are snorkeled, along with all of the breather hoses ran up to the handle bars, so im good for several feet of water :rock: And as far as riding fast, couldnt really when riding in a group of guys lol. The grizzly definitely moves pretty quick when you want it to. I also like how capable it is in the snow, ive been out in nearly 2 feet of snow, and as long as you keep moving in 4wd youre good. Heres a few pics from when i did the snorkels.

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04094.jpg

Heres a picture of my helmet with helmet camera, with the waterproof case on. The camera in general is pretty water resistant, i rarely use the case unless i ride in solid rainstorms lol. Also my prescription goggles so i dont have to wear glasses under goggles, which is a real pain.

DSC03980.jpg

Heres a video of a ride i had in the rain with a buddy on a Polaris 550xp, was a blast.

[video=youtube;ORXB0KiBbQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORXB0KiBbQk[/video]

Last edited:
I have had a bunch of different atv's over the years. A few Polaris's, and a Suzuki. The Suzuki King Quad 450 that I had was by far the best 4x4 atv that I ever owned. Now I have a UTV and wont be looking back, way more useful around the farm.
210562d1323401531-ranger1-jpg

Wait! I think you can fit one more log in the back there...:msp_scared:

Name one.
Check out the Berry Amendment.

Don't want to hijack these thread, but they use Kawasaki motorcycles, Mitisubishi mini-trucks, Honda atvs, Unimogs and Freightliners. Our Japanese bases have used Toyotas, including Landcruisers. Check out govliquidation.com where they auction our taxpayer funded stuff all the time - you may be surprised (and disappointed) in all of the non-USA stuff our military uses. Ron

Back