auto cycle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no

but.....I've used one that did and it's hard to go back to non-auto cycle. nice feature

I have had one for two years now. Working by youself in nice straight grained wood it realy speeds up the operation. When I have help and working in knots it does nothing. Anything in between it helps to varying degrees. All in all I like it.

old splitter, new technology

My buddy has an old home built splitter. I found a place on Ebay where I can get a Prince auto cycle valve for $250 at my door. A little fabrication, a couple new hyd lines and we have an updated/cutting edge log splitter.

heck i coulda saved you 247.50 I coulda rigged up some auto cycle with a bungee and some zip ties for 2.50. strap that baby in "reeeturn" :cheers:

We have the auto-cycle on our TW-3 and it works great...once you get it properly adjusted. If it isn't adjusted then it's a giant PIA.

We have the auto-cycle on our TW-3 and it works great...once you get it properly adjusted. If it isn't adjusted then it's a giant PIA.

That TW3HD is a very nice machine. I looked very hard at the TW5. I felt the Rayco was stronger, and the wedge lift on the T-wolf is not firmly attached. The wedge sits on the cylinder rod. I like the fact that the wedge is connected to the cyl. When I'm shoving a nasty, knotty, crotchy, hunk of tree through that 4 way, it wants to run away, but there's nowhere to go!

Big Joe

If you mean autocycle as in return, yep my little $900 5hp 20tonner has that. I never really thought much about it and I guess it's handy. I will say that I don't usually return it all the way most of the time. The time it takes me too spear the next round with the pickeroon then tap the lever with it is usually enough to fit the next piece.

autocycle defined

Autocycle is a valve where if you pull both levers into detents, the push block will go all the way out to the wedge, and automatically retract and wait for a new log. My new splitter has it, and I think it's very cool.

Joe

I've got a built-rite with the auto cycle. Can't imagine going back to not having that feature. Get to use the little MTD at home sometimes and I HATE it, mostly because of the lack of auto-cycle.

I've got a built-rite with the auto cycle. Can't imagine going back to not having that feature. Get to use the little MTD at home sometimes and I HATE it, mostly because of the lack of auto-cycle.

I just checked the Built-rite splitters out. Good looking stuff! Which one do you have?

Joe

My buddy has an old home built splitter. I found a place on Ebay where I can get a Prince auto cycle valve for $250 at my door. A little fabrication, a couple new hyd lines and we have an updated/cutting edge log splitter.

do you have a link you can post? i'm looking to update a dinosaur of a splitter with autocycle. thanks.

detents

Could you take two regular detent valves and hook them together and essentially do the same thing????? Maybe not??? I guess if it were that easy, everyone would do it huh???? Just wondering, I mean a regular detent valve is what? 60 bucks??? buy two of those and hook them together, re route hoses, would it work??

Here is a complete auto cycle wood splitter. I would say by now the guy who owns it has a nickname like Stumpy or Nub.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7Hir7E4Yhw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7Hir7E4Yhw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you look in the "my splitter build" thread, the number and manual for the autocycle valve is there somewhere.

Ian

Back