auto cycle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Joe Heywood

Big Joe Heywood

ArboristSite Lurker
It's back

It was on Ebay for $237.00. The price went up to $297.00. I placed a call to the vendor, and asked him why. He put it up again at the old price of $237.00. I think that is a good deal.

Good Luck!

Tom

trialanderror

trialanderror

ArboristSite Operative
Autocycle is a valve where if you pull both levers into detents, the push block will go all the way out to the wedge, and automatically retract and wait for a new log. My new splitter has it, and I think it's very cool.

Joe

what would you call a spool that has a solenoid and a limit switch on both extreme ends of the stroke? 2 way autocycle?

trialanderror

trialanderror

ArboristSite Operative
Here is a complete auto cycle wood splitter. I would say by now the guy who owns it has a nickname like Stumpy or Nub.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7Hir7E4Yhw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7Hir7E4Yhw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

haha, yah, that's how i setup my splitter, but with a cylinder....except mine's a 6" bore with a 16gpm pump. so, it takes ~ 80 seconds to compelte the extend stroke, maybe 40 seconds for return stroke....but it pays off as the H-beam sits vertical, and i have a base and wedge on both sides of the beam, so a guy on each side can do his own thing.....that with a pair of 4 way split heads, you can split wood like a mofo..

that's wayyyyyy to fast to even consider safe to use IMO......