Auto-tune sucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamish

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well its pretty amazing actually.

Been learning about it and working on it since mid 2009, right after the 575AT landed in my country.

The older versions used on the 576 and 570, are nothing like like newer readable versions used on the 555/562.

Yep auto tune can suck alot of air that would have killed a lesser saw.
The intake pipe on this 2009 576 has more air inlets than it should and one is pretty massive, yet remained hidden for a long time, and the auto-tune system compensated for it, to the extend of a tank of mix in less than 10 minutes.

This is the old school AT version, one must wonder what the newer version can do!View attachment 245602View attachment 245603

Hamish
I know this is an old thread, but I have to ask: can anyone define Auto Tunes capabilitys? If it provided protection to the piston and cylinder in the case you have pictured it must be a pretty well thought-out system. What can it actually do and what are it's limites. Sounds like it saved that saw from damage before the operater would even know there was a problem. i would think this would be a huge advantage to the week-end firewood cutter!
Tom

Tom,

Those that can define the AT systems capabilities are out there but, very hush, hush about its real capabilities.

There are many that can attest to some of its capabilities.

The AT system is an asset to every saw owner, be it a weekend wood buggah or a forestry professional.

Jeremy

Jeremy
Thanks for the quick reply! I think in the near future we will see a more toward Auto-Tune type systems if for no other reason than to keep the Govts off the mfgs back. Stihl is pretty quiet about the EFI system they are running on a couple of their Cut-Off saws too. If they survive in that application, putting them on a timber saw would be light duty. There may also be direct injection unit that Mercury or Bombardier use (inject fuel and lub oil seperately) that could be used on saws.
What part of Ontario? Only time I was there was 1955. Roads were gravel (read rocks!) from Sault Ste. Marie to Lake Manitou. A trip of a lifetime! I had never seen fishing like that before or after. My family had lake property in the Rhinelander, WI area most of my life. Spent a lot of time in the woods and really miss it.
Tom

Jeremy

What part of Ontario? Only time I was there was 1955. Roads were gravel (read rocks!) from Sault Ste. Marie to Lake Manitou. A trip of a lifetime! I had never seen fishing like that before or after. My family had lake property in the Rhinelander, WI area most of my life. Spent a lot of time in the woods and really miss it.
Tom

Funny , I actually live in the Sault . we have quite a bit of snow this year so far

I think AT is the cats arse! The 550 made me a believer, and look forward to whats coming down the line. What is also impressive, is the implementation and extra cost of this technology, but not huge price increases over similar non-AT models (IMO anyway). Im sure AT has saved more than a few top ends, pretty decent sized hole in that intake boot!

Back