MS 441 Mtronic VS MS 661 Mtronic VS 576 xp auto tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What would your first choice be for a firewood saw:

Does the 576xp have the auto tune bugs worked out of it and it is as good or better than the 441 Mtronic?

I have read that the 562xp is a home run and the 70cc series will pattern after this one. How is the 562 autotune better than the 576xp?

Have you found that Stihl Mtronic just as bug free as the Husky line? Husky has been doing it longer. I have not really seen any complaints on the Sthil Mtronic.

I do read of generations of techology when coming to auto tune. It appears that Husky "the inventor" has had some rough versions and are getting better. It also sounds like Stihl hit it out of the park on their first auto tune with MTronic.

Stihl has a better chain mount, Stihl has a worse filtration system,

Many people say the 661 is too much saw because it is 3.5 lbs heavier than a 562xp all loaded down with fluids, bar and chain. 661 seems to be a pretty awesome saw. Just seems like 3.5 lbs is worth it. I could be wrong.

Your thoughts welcome.

What would your first choice be for a firewood saw:

Does the 576xp have the auto tune bugs worked out of it and it is as good or better than the 441 Mtronic?

I have read that the 562xp is a home run and the 70cc series will pattern after this one. How is the 562 autotune better than the 576xp?

Have you found that Stihl Mtronic just as bug free as the Husky line? Husky has been doing it longer. I have not really seen any complaints on the Sthil Mtronic.

I do read of generations of techology when coming to auto tune. It appears that Husky "the inventor" has had some rough versions and are getting better. It also sounds like Stihl hit it out of the park on their first auto tune with MTronic.

Stihl has a better chain mount, Stihl has a worse filtration system,

Many people say the 661 is too much saw because it is 3.5 lbs heavier than a 562xp all loaded down with fluids, bar and chain. 661 seems to be a pretty awesome saw. Just seems like 3.5 lbs is worth it. I could be wrong.

Your thoughts welcome.

Dont know much about the Husky's but i use 441CMTronic's most days of the week and are an ideal firewood saw.
The filter system is very very good on this saw,as well as AV.

Just go with the MS 661 C-M and never wonder if you have enough saw.

The 576 auto tune is fine. I've run one for several gallons. The newer saws auto tune can be plugged up and diagnosed.

I have both a 576AT and a J-Red 2260, both ported and both have been flawless. I am sold on auto tune. I am sure Stihl's version is just as good. I wish my 2153 was auto-tune.

Just go with the MS 661 C-M and never wonder if you have enough saw.

If that's the logic, why not just get a feller/buncher and be done with it.

OP, I would go with whichever saw fits your needs. If you need to consistantly pull a 32"+ bar, then I would wait on the 661. If not, I would go with the saw with the best dealer support. Bw the 441 and 576, I would probably choose the 441.

If that's the logic, why not just get a feller/buncher and be done with it.

Could do that, but it would still need a muffler mod and full port job.... at least according to people here!

Including me.. heck, I did a simple port job on my old ford diesel tractor.

None of them...

The 562xp is all I need for my large saw. But I use the 346xp most of the time.

Tend to agree if getting work done efficiently is the goal. Don't need any more than 60cc's to buck rounds the size that can be loaded into the trailer and lifted onto the splitter by hand. I like my 440's, but could probably go down 10cc's and use a lighter saw.

Last edited:
Back