Automatic Chain Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a grand, it would be a handy item for a saw shop. If I had that sort of expendable cash, I might try one. I don't however.

I contacted one of their NZ customers for a reference and they couldn't say anything good about the paperweight of a T-Rex they had the misfortune of owning.

Yeah, you never really know until you try it in person. Curious to see what type of edges it leaves.

This Logosol unit is a little less risky at $1,000. Their website says it has a 6 month user satisfaction guarantee, and a 2 year parts warranty.

Like Steve noted above - if you are doing a lot of chains, and it really saves on paid labor, you might be able to make it pay for itself in 6 months. Interesting that they seem to be using standard wheels and not the ABN or CBN wheels that Dinasaw uses.

Also interesting that it runs off a 12V car battery. Great for field work (storm clean up, etc.). Would probably want an 120V transformer for shop use.

Something that I would like to try / see / demo.

Philbert

Also interesting that it runs off a 12V car battery.
My initial interest in it was as a mobile sharpening service, rigged up to a moped, as a way to pay it off and be left with a decent grinder for my own use and hopefully some beer $. I had a reliable person lined up to run it, but decided it wasn't worth the headaches of fussing with a grinder that couldn't be repaired in the field and that others had said was a PITA to use. The idea got shelved, waiting for a grinder that would fit the brief perfectly.

Yeah, you never really know until you try it in person. Curious to see what type of edges it leaves.

This Logosol unit is a little less risky at $1,000. Their website says it has a 6 month user satisfaction guarantee, and a 2 year parts warranty.

Like Steve noted above - if you are doing a lot of chains, and it really saves on paid labor, you might be able to make it pay for itself in 6 months. Interesting that they seem to be using standard wheels and not the ABN or CBN wheels that Dinasaw uses.

Also interesting that it runs off a 12V car battery. Great for field work (storm clean up, etc.). Would probably want an 120V transformer for shop use.

Something that I would like to try / see / demo.

Philbert

My initial interest in it was as a mobile sharpening service, rigged up to a moped, as a way to pay it off and be left with a decent grinder for my own use and hopefully some beer $. I had a reliable person lined up to run it, but decided it wasn't worth the headaches of fussing with a grinder that couldn't be repaired in the field and that others had said was a PITA to use. The idea got shelved, waiting for a grinder that would fit the brief perfectly.

Kiwi, I assume you're talking yet about the Dinasaw unit in 12V? Phil is referring to the fact that the Logosol is a 12V unit, no option for home power that I saw, but there are workarounds for that if needed.

I assume the logosol is 12V because they are marketing to chainsaw mill users primarily.

I have no problem with a hand-filed chain, but after a while the cutters end up different lengths if just slightly. I've found the uneven lengths aren't a positive thing.

Thanks for the links Phil.

I was going to buy Steve NW WI the $1,000 Logosol automatic chain grinder (the one in the first post) as a surprise for his birthday, but it does not appear to support the 10 degree file tilt angle!

Philbert

Back