AutoTune, just junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy a 5 gallon pail of VP C9 fuel its 94 octane E free and is for storage but you can also run it, They now make it premix also its 50:1 with Motul 710 oil and at $60 its way cheaper than using Tru-Fuel at $6 a can.
I'll probably look into that option again this spring. When I checked in the fall nobody around here carried it and shipping costs were too high.

Buy a 5 gallon pail of VP C9 fuel its 94 octane E free and is for storage but you can also run it, They now make it premix also its 50:1 with Motul 710 oil and at $60 its way cheaper than using Tru-Fuel at $6 a can.
Sent from my Autotune Carb

Finally something the great white north is not getting hosed on too badly:
We get 94 Octane Ethanol free gas at the pump for appx $1.33/Litre

5 US gallons = 18.927L = $25.17 - add in the cost of a litre of synthetic and we're away to the saw races

VP is racing fuel
Sent from my Autotune Carb

Yup understood - but why spend so big on racing fuel when we have normal 94 Octane No Ethanol gas at the pump? Chevron up here has it. Even Shell V-Power premium 91 Octane gasoline in Canada does not contain ethanol.

Most areas seem to have some ethanol free gas in North America:
http://pure-gas.org/

-

Last edited:
thanks hamish. appreciate you sharing the knowledge as always.

the temperature sensor portion.... measures ambient air intake temp? (just a guess). this must make some fuel trim adjustment, or at least a starting trim adjustment (for quick starts) as well?

just trying to put my head around this new tech a little bit at a time so it will sink in, before i fall behind completely trying to troubleshoot these things.

regards
-joe

It measures ambient temperature of the carb, and the high and low of the carb on the last run. Where the sensor is....., most likely withing the module so air tempurature at intake doesnt come into play per say as it would in the automotive spectrum.

All you need to troubleshoot it, is to realize its a simple 2-stroke carb, that has a fuel valve attached.

We get 94 Octane Ethanol free gas at the pump for appx $1.33/Litre
I can't get E-free fuel around here. I haven't tried any of the local marinas, but since I use so little of it the cost of the TruFuel and Husky premix isn't really an issue.

If I need to do a lot of cutting I can still go buy pump gas and mix with quality oil. When I'm done I can drain the fuel, put some premix in, run it for a few minutes, and then put it away. AutoTune will compensate for all that without skipping a beat.

Again, my saw usage is not heavy. I can get TruFuel at the local Lowe's for $5/quart when bought 6 at a time. A gallon and a half will last me at least 6 months if not more. My choice to use premix will hopefully save me money on other repairs/rebuilds and keep my saws in better shape so that they're ready when I need 'em.

I can't get E-free fuel around here. I haven't tried any of the local marinas, but since I use so little of it the cost of the TruFuel and Husky premix isn't really an issue.

If I need to do a lot of cutting I can still go buy pump gas and mix with quality oil. When I'm done I can drain the fuel, put some premix in, run it for a few minutes, and then put it away. AutoTune will compensate for all that without skipping a beat.

Again, my saw usage is not heavy. I can get TruFuel at the local Lowe's for $5/quart when bought 6 at a time. A gallon and a half will last me at least 6 months if not more. My choice to use premix will hopefully save me money on other repairs/rebuilds and keep my saws in better shape so that they're ready when I need 'em.

I see what you're saying - bummer --> http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CT

It measures ambient temperature of the carb, and the high and low of the carb on the last run. Where the sensor is....., most likely withing the module so air tempurature at intake doesnt come into play per say as it would in the automotive spectrum.

All you need to troubleshoot it, is to realize its a simple 2-stroke carb, that has a fuel valve attached.

gotcha.

just thinking of possible ways to fool the electronics into a richer mix.

thanks again.
-joe

gotcha.

just thinking of possible ways to fool the electronics into a richer mix.

thanks again.
-joe
We've already "fooled" the computer to mix from 18 to 120. Neither or anything in between fixed the el46 hesitation.

Latest posts

Back