Avalanchers fireside chat.Pull up a chair.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually they DO need to conform to the same requirements. In fact the inspection process for the Mexican carriers in the pilot program is much more strict than for US and Canadian carriers. Each truck/trailer entering the US requires a current CVSA decal (every 3 months). This shows the truck and trailer have passed a Level I North American Standard inspection. Also the drivers need to be fluent in English, if not they are placed out of service. These Level I inspections are done here MOST of the time. There is nothing to prevent another inspection from being done even with this current decal. As far as hours of service regulations go, the drivers must comply with US regs (11/14/60/70 hr rules for property carrying). I was quite skeptical at first but it's not all bad. The rules of cabotage apply to Mexican and Canadian carriers alike. If either is found doing cabotage (point-to-point move domestically by a foreign carrier) they are violating the scope of their authority and put out of service, a second infraction results in revocation of authority to operate in the USA.

Thanks for the heads up, I have never read up on the requirements that foreign trucks have to conform to, I just drew my own conclusions by the sorry state that most of the trucks were in when I had to work on em.If they are being inspected, then the DOT inspectors ought to be shot.just last week I had a cab over with a busted airbag,bald steer tires, missing shocks on the rear, and a seriously damaged rear spring mount.How he got as far as TN I have no idea.

guys, Should never happen, but here is the story of my home region. Fife Scotland.

I grew up in a mining village, grandfather mined all his days, family heated with coal. about 2 year after the old guy retired the whole region went smokeless. and I mean smokeless... legislation brought about to help the enivironment. Never mind the crap conditions in the pits and mines, never mind the old guys was deaf from working with percussion equipment etc just out right banned. so we went from free coal( perk of the job! ) to gas.. and nobody but nobody can tell me that a gas fire can even get close to the look, smell and feel of a coal or wood fire!

Fight it guys, the consequenses will be dire and the benfits are not there oh I forgot to mention the air studies showed nothing on the before and afters.

I cannot believe any democratic gov. could go that far, but you see this happening everywhere the greenie jack booted thugs are growing in strength everywhere.

Hold on now fellas! I have read similiar stuff like this before and it is usually some crackpot nut saying we should go back to living like colonial days, not using oil, horse and buggy, agricultural economy and the like! Some of you may also know from some of my other posts that I am in school for fuel cell technology (think: non-combustion technology to make electricity not the water jar add on in the car deal ) which in some of its designs still uses combustion to make it work! Unlike coal, oil, and natural gas, WOOD is a renewable resource and burning it responsibly is environmental. I have heard the biggest complaints in the city ( Akron) when people are burning wet, rotten, garbage, railroad ties, pressure treated wood in the fireplace or stove and smoking out their neighbors and it will be because of this that I expect limitations to be imposed on wood burners in the city. OWB will definitly be out and only for rural use and most likely legislation will be pushed for cat. over non-cat. stoves in those areas with the greatest abuses. Plant more trees on your property if you can. A nice mix of hardwoods! A tree falls down, don't let it rot! Harvest it! I teach all of my customers how to burn nice hot fires and maintain their firewood ( covered, dry, split, etc. ) A smart woodburner leads to happy neighbors and when you show them your gas bill on a wood diet they become firewood customers!

Amen. I've always thought one of the biggest dangers to America is uninformed voters.
yah---and how many were uninformed this last election???? people need to go to county stupidvisors meetings--and tear the place apart when they push this trash--then knock them out of office next election--or have a recall like schwartsineiger?? did in cali---removed alllll the trash in office--no matter what party-----------------------:dizzy:
:censored:

Latest posts

Back