Average price on 261cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHRA1877

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to purchase a new 261cm from my local dealer. They do a good amount of volume from what I'm aware of. I was in there looking at one the other day and he was a real nice guy and was telling me about them. As I was looking he went to the desk and came back and said with the 18" bar I could do 584 on that, without me asking he dropped from retail, I said I'm looking at a 16" 3/8 bar and I want to pay cash in the next 2ish weeks. He said knock about 12 dollars off for the 16 and he will order a 3/8 rim sprocket in right now so it's there for me when I buy and he will throw it in.

What I'm wondering, is 570 a good price for that saw with a 16" or do you guys think I could do better? What have you guys paid for the same saw?

I think that's in the ballpark from what I have seen. 16" is pretty standard on saws and usually if you want a longer bar the price goes up. Getting the saw from a good dealer may be more important than a few dollars difference here or there. ie, who do you want to bring the saw to if there's problems with it?

It's fifty bux off! Plus whatever your tax rate is! I've not received that sweet of deal on any new stihl yet :<

Thanks guys, the closest dealer to me is where my friend works but they aren't really a pro style shop, they are more where you go for your plants and weed wackers, they don't do a ton of volume and other than home owner models only stock one 362, 441, 661, this dealer is about 15 mins further but he always stocks 2-3 of every model stihl has, they do alot of volume and have 80% of all the parts I call for in stock, they are the ones that quoted the 570 plus 7% sales tax so it would be 610, plus the oil to add the extra warrenty and they had a deal for a case, extra chain, and extra caps for 30 so I figure I'm looking at like 650 for the saw with 16", 6 pack of oil, case, extra chain and caps.

Not knowing exactly what the OP's needs/wants are, for those numbers he might do well to look at Echo and Dolmar 60 cc saws.
And be pleasantly surprised, especially if he can test one "out back". Life is not all popsicles.

Yup, it's the mini spline. And, by the way, I paid 609.95 plus tax and extra for the goodies like the oil and case, extra air filter etc.

So I'm getting ready to purchase a new 261cm from my local dealer. They do a good amount of volume from what I'm aware of. I was in there looking at one the other day and he was a real nice guy and was telling me about them. As I was looking he went to the desk and came back and said with the 18" bar I could do 584 on that, without me asking he dropped from retail, I said I'm looking at a 16" 3/8 bar and I want to pay cash in the next 2ish weeks. He said knock about 12 dollars off for the 16 and he will order a 3/8 rim sprocket in right now so it's there for me when I buy and he will throw it in.

What I'm wondering, is 570 a good price for that saw with a 16" or do you guys think I could do better? What have you guys paid for the same saw?
$600 by me. that's a good price

Mine was $609 with a 20" bar and chain. I thought it was odd that it had a 20" B+C mounted at the dealer, but I took it since I had a couple of spare 18" bars and several spare RS chains for the old 18" Farm Sloth that I can put on it whenever I need to.

What kind of dealer doesn't keep rim sprockets in stock?o_O

you would be surprised at just what dealers don't stock. I order them half dozen at a time and they still don't stock them.

Latest posts

Back