Baby saw, big bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmiller100

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I want a saw to put on the back of my motorcycle for trail clearing.

small bodied would be nice. light is very important. I want to put an 18 or 20 inch bar on it.

I'm thinking one of the saws the guys that climb trees use.

My thought was to run full skip chain.

suggestions or opinions on what would be a good saw????

MS200 rear handled saw... 16" or 18" bar. Don't run skip on it though. It'll prolly have picco on it anyways.

Gary

+1.....

I race hare scrambles and gncc's semi-professionally..I have a 7 mile practice track and have to keep it clean...I use my top handled MS200t..With a 32 inch bar and full skip chain.:hmm3grin2orange:

If you want something with a little more grunt,I've figured out a way to rig straps up on my 346 so I can carry it like a backpack...It does the trick.

More grunt and a long bar? Buy an 880 or a 3120 and a 4 foot bar. Don't try putting it on your back though. Put the chain on the bar backwards. Mount a wheel and a seat and drive that sucker down the trail.

More grunt and a long bar? Buy an 880 or a 3120 and a 4 foot bar. Don't try putting it on your back though. Put the chain on the bar backwards. Mount a wheel and a seat and drive that sucker down the trail.

I don't know about that,but I've seen what a 288 husky can do on a go-cart

Latest posts

Back