Back to climbing, for now....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney is about 35+ miles from me, I prefer to stay outta 'touristville'. :D

Been doing some trimming this week. Boy, I forgot how strenuous proper trimming is! Did 3 cypress and a maple today, burned 1 tank of gas in 6 hours. The trees hadn't ever been touched before, lots of moss, deadwood and some corrective pruning. came home and napped from 4 till 8!
I think I worked my last day with the 1st guy I started with. He had me handle a sales call, lady insisted I quote her on topping a camphor. I refused, recommended proper trimming, etc. Told the boss later, he wasn't happy that I turned down work.
I met another guy who can use me 2-3 days a week, nice guy and easy to work with. Gonna talk with another guy Monday, see if I can fill out my schedule.
Funny how my basic saddle never bothered me before, but it's killing my hips now. I could spend a few grand on all kinds of new equipment if I had it to spend!!:eek:

HAve you heard of the "Disney Method" of tree moving?

No john, Explain please.

Disney conciders large trees to be propes for the "experiance", so the dig them out like any crane job, the put eye bolts in the trunk and helo lift them into place.

Had some used to be pics on the web, but I cannot find them any more. Maybe archived on the Knothole.

want to work for disney?????

disney has a couple of arborists the work for them that do nothing but travel around florida to old neighborhoods looking to buy old specimen trees. my neighbor sold a 20' reclanoda showing about 4' of wood to them for $12,000 right before disney opened "animal kingdom". wild huh????
budroe:cool:

Latest posts

Back