Backlog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a typical year.

Usually, its about four weeks. This year, its about one week.:mad:

We are running about 2 weeks, but the boss has been working with me instead of selling cause he fired the two spectators he had on the payroll!

Treework is NOT a spectator sport, when you are on the payroll!
:blob2:

LOL John, Ive got about 4 weeks tree work and of course every monday is Lawn day. And 6 or 7 Mulch jobs.
:D

An informal survey of the companies in the area by a prestigious organization....ok ok ok, it was me, and I'm not prestigious. Anyways, work is slow in all facets of the green industry in our neck of the woods. In fact, we're hiring the downsized of other companies this year - great employees that they could no longer afford to hold onto.

The rest of the economy is suffering as well despite nonsensical claims of "recovery." It's all a result of no longer doing anything ourselves in this country.

Nickrosis

Thought we were almost caught up at the beginning of last week and by the end we're backed up by about 3 weeks! We mow 3 days a week, but I try to take 1 guy with me at least 1 of those days to do other small landscape or tree jobs. We're usually 2-3 weeks out this time of year.

About 1 week.(Which is actually what I like provided the condition persists.) My competion have all been complaining of slowdowns -so far I am doing alright.

I don't know how much I am backlogged by. I still really have to start for the year. I did a few jobs this spring, but now I am procrastinating on my other jobs. I have no employees now to speak of, so getting larger jobs done is something I don't really want to think about right now.

We are running about 2-3weeks out at the moment , Its late autummn here and the end of financial year next month, either the municpalities have no money or money that has to be spent.
Steady work all with trees.

Back