Bad day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at it this way, no one was hurt or killed. If you learn from this job it is worth every penny it cost you. Just a thought, but you said "I removed all the branches I needed too except for one which was leaning in the direction I was going to fall the rest of the tree." Did this remaining branch contact the ground or another tree before the tree moved off course? The more mass you remove from the tree before felling, the easier it is to influence a change of direction from something like a limb or a vine. I'm glad no one was hurt and hope you figure it out. Don't question yourself, just your method. I try to pick apart each big or difficult job we do as soon as it's done. Did we plan it right, was there something else we should have done, should I have blocked it down instead of felling it etc. If you just say "oh well, stuff happens" then you miss learning and getting better. Learn and press on!

Latest posts

Back