Bad seals in Pouland

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

361 STIHL

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Here’s a question for you Pouland experts out there. I have a couple of Pouland chain saws that need a little work but am having problems finding the correct parts diagrams to reference. I have a model # 25 and model # S25CVA. The only diagrams I can find are for the Micro XXV, S25, S25AV, and S25DA. The basic engine on these two saws look identical with the casings being different because of the anti vibe set up of the CVA. Which diagram would I reference if either of these? I am looking for the shaft seals for the S25CVA. Any and all help will be appreciated.

I'd bet they are the same. When I had to get a piston ring, I had a 2000 and a Super XXV - my parts guy just walked over to one of his used saws and said "look like this?" and that's all he needed.

I have a carcass (very low hours it appears, had keyway in flywheel strip out.) I already robbed it of piston and culinder, and the uncaged rod bearings scattered, but you are welcome to the seals out of it. Get me some P/Ns off your old seals, perhaps I can cross-reference mine.

Perhaps if you search for 'Poulan' instead of 'Pouland' you might find better results. The DA is identical except for the handles and handle mounts. I used to own several of each.

They should use the same seals.

If you want I can try taking a picture of my IPL for that saw but I don't have a scanner.

If you need more 25 series saws or ANY parts. let me know, I have dozens of those little guys I'm trying to get rid of.

retoocs555 said:
They should use the same seals.

If you want I can try taking a picture of my IPL for that saw but I don't have a scanner.

If you need more 25 series saws or ANY parts. let me know, I have dozens of those little guys I'm trying to get rid of.

...and I paid friggin LIST PRICE for a piston ring?? Dang it dang it dang it!

Latest posts

Back