Bailey's Max Flo kit for 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob J.
They're more work than a stock filter but you can go a lot longer between cleanings, so they're actually less work. Of course, you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, since I only cut professionally in the west for 20 years.

All the pro log cutters here are running them. For a firewood guy? I'd have to say no, unless you're missing the stock air filter + cover, and looking at shelling out over $60 new to replace those parts at a dealer. Then the Max-Flow becomes a bargain (depending on where you buy them.)

The stock filter still does the best job at filtering the intake air.

biggenius29

biggenius29

Addicted to ArboristSite
For firewood cutting, I would say no.

I had one on my ported 460 and I ended up switching back to the HD filter. I could not tell a difference in the saw between the two.

Although, the intervalls between cleaning was nice.

Plus those things are hidious.

Kwdog75

Kwdog75

Addicted to ArboristSite
They're more work than a stock filter but you can go a lot longer between cleanings, so they're actually less work. Of course, you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, since I only cut professionally in the west for 20 years.

All the pro log cutters here are running them. For a firewood guy? I'd have to say no, unless you're missing the stock air filter + cover, and looking at shelling out over $60 new to replace those parts at a dealer. Then the Max-Flow becomes a bargain (depending on where you buy them.)

The stock filter still does the best job at filtering the intake air.

I have 2 projects with missing the air filter and cover, which is why i thought about that kit. Maybe i should just dig threw the pile of stuff i have, maybe i have those parts after all and don't even know it. I do agree thou, they are strange looking.

Rounder

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Anyone run one of these? Do you like it? It's also offered for the 044/046, anyone try it on one of those?

I've always run them. They work well in burnt timber, other nasty dirty conditions. Doesn't seem like anything gets past them. As for maintenance, you can get the Bel-Ray oil in a spray can now. Makes life a lot easier. - Sam

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I've always run them. They work well in burnt timber, other nasty dirty conditions. Doesn't seem like anything gets past them. As for maintenance, you can get the Bel-Ray oil in a spray can now. Makes life a lot easier. - Sam

My opinion too. I run one one my 660 and I think they are better. The carb stays cleaner and the filter will go a long time between cleanings. For burning/burned wood they can't be beat.

Latest posts