Ban on gas powered equipment in California ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be interesting to watch video of the brave forest fire fighters cutting fire breaks in the middle of vast forests till their batteries run out.

I don't see how this will work in the foreseeable future, but as mentioned, California is a leader in many areas, not all of them effective in improving lives.

Quote from the story, which I assume is a quote from the edict:

"The new rule will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later."

Emphasis added by me

It will be interesting to watch video of the brave forest fire fighters cutting fire breaks in the middle of vast forests till their batteries run out.
I don't see how this will work in the foreseeable future, but as mentioned, California is a leader in many areas, not all of them effective in improving lives.
Quote from the story, which I assume is a quote from the edict:
"The new rule will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later."
Emphasis added by me
There are so many flaws with idea that batteries will save the planet. At the moment there is not enough power to keep up with the demand. My son lives near Palm Springs California where there are thousands of windmills so you would think that they have energy to burn extra. there is also about a dozen solar farms nearby too. So why do they have black outs and entire communities shut down. I went shopping for my elderly mother a few days ago when the Walmart went dark. Some guys running around with flashlights says the store is closed and to leave. It turns out they have a generator but can not get it serviced. So I am leaving and walk past the charging station. There is a guy acting like he is very confused. I ask is every thing OK and he says the meter went blank when he tried to plug into his car. I tell him the power is out and do not know when it will be restored. He says that he understands what just happened as he thought his car was nonoperational. He tells me that he has more than ten miles to get home and does not think he will make it. So I tell him to wait as long as possible to get a little charge to go home. I walk away laughing so hard I thought my eyes were going to pop. If power outages are common how will emergency personnel get all their equipment ready to go all the time. Maybe a gas powered on board generator will save the day. Thanks

There are so many flaws with idea that batteries will save the planet. At the moment there is not enough power to keep up with the demand. My son lives near Palm Springs California where there are thousands of windmills so you would think that they have energy to burn extra. there is also about a dozen solar farms nearby too. So why do they have black outs and entire communities shut down. I went shopping for my elderly mother a few days ago when the Walmart went dark. Some guys running around with flashlights says the store is closed and to leave. It turns out they have a generator but can not get it serviced. So I am leaving and walk past the charging station. There is a guy acting like he is very confused. I ask is every thing OK and he says the meter went blank when he tried to plug into his car. I tell him the power is out and do not know when it will be restored. He says that he understands what just happened as he thought his car was nonoperational. He tells me that he has more than ten miles to get home and does not think he will make it. So I tell him to wait as long as possible to get a little charge to go home. I walk away laughing so hard I thought my eyes were going to pop. If power outages are common how will emergency personnel get all their equipment ready to go all the time. Maybe a gas powered on board generator will save the day. Thanks
gonna need a national grid to cure that problem ted, and that will cost moonshot money

What they dont tell you is they outlawed trucks older than 2011 and also wont allow owner operators to haul.

I know a logging truck owner/driver who was shut down due to the state ban on 2 cycle Detroit Diesel engines, he couldn’t afford to upgrade. Didn’t see a need to upgrade, he thinks it’s all bs.

I know a logging truck owner/driver who was shut down due to the state ban on 2 cycle Detroit Diesel engines, he couldn’t afford to upgrade. Didn’t see a need to upgrade, he thinks it’s all bs.
He is correct! And like all government controlled ********, they will eat it like a cookie. They break off the edges in little chunks. The Detroit Diesel crowd looks likely, there aren't that many around anymore, they are getting older and many will be replaced soon anyway, the people running them generally don't have a lot of extra cash to fight with, so they are attacked first. Then the 2 stroke people "We banned woodstoves so that crowd is down to nothing, Lawn-Boy is almost out of business and their equipment is obsolete so we won't have a lot of resistance there, we can convert most by making the 4 stroke cheaper and then do away with them altogether." It never ends!!! When it does a lot of fat rats with big paychecks will be out of a job.
A jumbo jet flying across the U.S. will generate more pollution than a whole town full of chainsaws and lawn mowers will in a lifetime. But the politicians and people with money are using and invested in them so they are off limits........until that is all that is left, then the airlines will become just another few years of paychecks for bureaucrats!!!!

Mike

Californification is full of bright ideals. Claim trucker shortage for the reason all the ships are sitting out in the ocean waiting to get to port. What they dont tell you is they outlawed trucks older than 2011 and also wont allow owner operators to haul.
There are no trucker shortages. That's a big lie. This is inflation driven. Why off-load your stuff for $2 if you wait and can get $4. More revenue for the state in taxes with higher prices as well.
We are simply being controlled by people in power.

e for the state in taxes with higher prices as well.
We are simpl

There are no trucker shortages. That's a big lie. This is inflation driven. Why off-load your stuff for $2 if you wait and can get $4. More revenue for the state in taxes with higher prices as well.
We are simply being controlled by people in power.
Here is what is appearing as I see it. I have many CDL drivers friends and friends. The port situation is not allowing any body but governmental drivers allowed into to ports. The State of California and Federal departments are not allowing any free market enterprises in to ports so what is not to like if you are a Democrat that wants regulation. Prices are increasing and container ships are piling up. Thanks

Here is what is appearing as I see it. I have many CDL drivers friends and friends. The port situation is not allowing any body but governmental drivers allowed into to ports. The State of California and Federal departments are not allowing any free market enterprises in to ports so what is not to like if you are a Democrat that wants regulation. Prices are increasing and container ships are piling up. Thanks
That's why the dems love mail in ballots. There, they want no regulation as they keep power forever w fraudulent or bought votes.

I'm in libtardfornia and my CARB compliant Stihl bg86ce blower takes so long to warm up with all the emissions crap on it that I let it idle for a minute before I use it...

Latest posts

Back