It's starting - New California law bans ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as a grumpy old man at an appropriate age, I agree with you. The last truck I bought new was $12K. My present truck ('06 F250) is likely the last one I'll own with a manual transmission and windows.

My recollection from oven shopping is that there wasn't much available in wall ovens below $1000. Ranges, yes. I just checked our local appliance dealer and the cheapest oven is $999. They have ranges for around $500. I will cop to liking convection ovens, which seems to be the norm for wall ovens these days.
If it came down to it I'd get the old antique wood burning stove/oven on my back porch and move it into my kitchen. Got the wife one of those solid glass top ones when a mouse caught fire in the drip pan in the old one. She can gut and butcher any king of animal. but she's scared of mice. GO FIGURE.

Never had one get better then 16-18 except my uncles swears his single rear wheel 2000 manual get 23, but never once been able to prove it.

That's pure comedy there, took my 93 f-150 to 362k miles on the fuel stock fuel injection and only killed one AOD transmission. Dura spark ignition is about legend status for reliability, and the bank fuel injection was stupid simple to work on. BTW there no a4od transmission and ford's first fully computer Controlled automatic was the e4od which wasn't offered behind the 302 or 300 six till 93 or 94. The AOD was a c6 with a over drive gear added to it. The whole truck was so easy to work on it sucked, I wish I never got rid of my 93.
Had a 89 F250 Navistar 7.3 , Sean that got 18 miles per gallon average and perhaps 21mpg. empty with no head wind & extended flat freeway , lol.

Had a 89 F250 Navistar 7.3 , Sean that got 18 miles per gallon average and perhaps 21mpg. empty with no head wind & extended flat freeway , lol.
Yeah I hear that alot, I've never seen one get that though. We got a lot of hills too, so I'm sure thays part of it.

Yeah I hear that alot, I've never seen one get that though. We got a lot of hills too, so I'm sure thays part of it.
Yeah , normal usage with hills your more like 16 mpg . My current Dodge 2500 Cummins fairs a little better with its 6 speed manual transmission . Diesels are not fuel conservative , their workhorses !

Terrible tranny !
It did suck, along with the 2:86 diff ratio, I wanted something to haul wood in and out of mountains, I really didn't care about gas mileage just wanted something of a stump puller. I had three C6's and a early AOD. I took the best C6 and got at it. TCI had lots of heavy duty parts for them. Full manual valve body bigger input and output shafts, good friction and steel plates. Beefed up the differential also 9" Ford rearends are easy, changed it to a 4:56 limited slip. After that modded the engine 302 to 331 torque monster. the whole truck is now a wood hauler. Funny thing is it only get 14 miles a gallon loaded or unloaded. half my trip is downhill in 2sd gear with foot off pedal. it will hold it a 35-40 mph without ever using the brake 20%+ or minus grade for twenty mi. half cord in the bed, cord and a half on the trailer. The F150 4x4 is a whole nother novel, only use it when the weather gets bad. Two fuel tanks for a reason.LOL

It did suck, along with the 2:86 diff ratio, I wanted something to haul wood in and out of mountains, I really didn't care about gas mileage just wanted something of a stump puller. I had three C6's and a early AOD. I took the best C6 and got at it. TCI had lots of heavy duty parts for them. Full manual valve body bigger input and output shafts, good friction and steel plates. Beefed up the differential also 9" Ford rearends are easy, changed it to a 4:56 limited slip. After that modded the engine 302 to 331 torque monster. the whole truck is now a wood hauler. Funny thing is it only get 14 miles a gallon loaded or unloaded. half my trip is downhill in 2sd gear with foot off pedal. it will hold it a 35-40 mph without ever using the brake 20%+ or minus grade for twenty mi. half cord in the bed, cord and a half on the trailer. The F150 4x4 is a whole nother novel, only use it when the weather gets bad. Two fuel tanks for a reason.LOL
Yeah C-6 were bullet proof , unfortunately some 3/4 tons had 4:11 rear ends & without overdrive suffered terrible fuel milage . Agree the 1 generation AOD were often more reliable than the next generation , when numerous batch sensors were incorporated !

That's a 38,000ft change in altitude. Thinking your grade might be more minus than plus, unless you're meaning up and down both.
not real good with figuring that out. The steepest part of the road goes from about 9800 to 4500 on about a 3 to 3 1/4 mi. stretch never harvesting over 10000 at the highest point. It's a decent road but the won't let Semi's on that are over 48 ft. lots of hairy corners also. I drive it on average 4 times a week to the harvest areas, averaging 140 mi. round trip, sometimes on the other side 180 for Juniper, but it goes quick, gotta go early as possible in Jan. when they open the areas LOTS OF MUD AND SNOW, that's when I slap the chains on my gas guzzling 4x4

I seems they think everything is bad for the planet. Said it once, said it many times, climate change has been happening for millions of years. It's how the planet renews itself. If this planet got tired of us it would shake us off like a wet dog shakes off water. The woke idiots need to go back to sleep. California has been shaking for quite awhile now.

I seems they think everything is bad for the planet. Said it once, said it many times, climate change has been happening for millions of years. It's how the planet renews itself. If this planet got tired of us it would shake us off like a wet dog shakes off water. The woke idiots need to go back to sleep. California has been shaking for quite awhile now.
Speaking as a Calif. resident born n raised, we're still here, like it or not. I love my state, hate our politics.

Latest posts

Back