No chainsaws in Bahrain!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, after numerous trip's here for business... I've determined that there are no saws here. Tree's as big around as your wrist, saw one about big around as your thigh. No lawns and no mowers either. I pass a small engine repair shop daily going down to the ship. Got brave enough to try and overcome the language barrier and with a screaming curiosity, I stopped. Curious to see what a small engine repair shop fixes in the desert. One would think, weed whackers, power washers, paint sprayers, gas powered soil compactors, cut-off saws because everything here is concrete, maybe even gas generators.... nope.

Farkin mopeds!

Most of the construction work is done by private industry or the GOV, they just buy a new one when it breaks and I'm sure that happens all the time... 120-140 degree air temps and the equipment does nothing but breath sand and dirt. At least this trip is pleasant weather wise, 65-70 during the day and upper 50s to lower 60s at night.

Hoping to find Wankel's being used to trim brush.

Last time I was in that country, I stayed on a ship docked in port.

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are dry countries (alcohol wise) and they sent us on the "booze cruise" after 6 months in war zone.

Bahrain isn't a dry country except during Ramadan. I remember seeing many exotic cars entering Manama Thursday night and leaving Saturday morning. Good restaurants there too.

Well, if you could get some big logs delivered/imported, and get some big saws, the rich kids there would probably pay per cookie cut, just for a hoot.

Can you imagine the expressions on their faces if you fired up a ported,modded saw on the streets. :D Be safe over there!

Randy, be cautious over there. For some reason, they haven't let us blowup that place yet.

Back