Ban on gas powered equipment in California ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in libtardfornia and my CARB compliant Stihl bg86ce blower takes so long to warm up with all the emissions crap on it that I let it idle for a minute before I use it...
There are ways around that issue…

Regarding the issue of ban on new sales, etc - working with the Forest Service, I’ve heard that exemptions may be part of this process. There’s a lot of recognition that fuel reduction treatments will have a hard time being completed with an all-electric tool at this time, as well as wildfire crew needs. Repairs should still be possible, as there aren’t any restrictions on the sale of parts for existing equipment. Keep your stuff maintained well…

What I know so far:

saws over 45cc will be exempt
whole home generators will be exempt.
the ban will be on engines made after the ban date not on completed units or already sold units. I expect manufacturers will stock up on pre-ban engines.

The rules have not been issued yet, that's supposed to happen later this year. It may be significantly watered down.

There are so many flaws with idea that batteries will save the planet. At the moment there is not enough power to keep up with the demand. My son lives near Palm Springs California where there are thousands of windmills so you would think that they have energy to burn extra. there is also about a dozen solar farms nearby too. So why do they have black outs and entire communities shut down. I went shopping for my elderly mother a few days ago when the Walmart went dark. Some guys running around with flashlights says the store is closed and to leave. It turns out they have a generator but can not get it serviced. So I am leaving and walk past the charging station. There is a guy acting like he is very confused. I ask is every thing OK and he says the meter went blank when he tried to plug into his car. I tell him the power is out and do not know when it will be restored. He says that he understands what just happened as he thought his car was nonoperational. He tells me that he has more than ten miles to get home and does not think he will make it. So I tell him to wait as long as possible to get a little charge to go home. I walk away laughing so hard I thought my eyes were going to pop. If power outages are common how will emergency personnel get all their equipment ready to go all the time. Maybe a gas powered on board generator will save the day. Thanks
From what I read the cost and carbon foot print to build those windmills they will never produce enough electricity to offset the cost of building them ?

California is a world leader in many ways
in what? Stupidity? Interested in how they plan on charging all of those lithium batteries bought in china when they cannot keep their grid stable on a day to day basis as it is....

Interested in how they plan on charging all of those lithium batteries bought in china when they cannot keep their grid stable on a day to day basis as it is....

Well, putting on my "California 'crats's thinking hat", made of the finest Chinese tinfoil, the answer suddenly becomes clear:
"BATTERIES! We'll use batteries to charge the batteries!"

It is a simple modification of the mostly highly successful political policy ever conceived: Kicking the Can Down the Road."

(A little help please... putting on that stupid hat for even the few seconds I did seems to have knocked off about 40 IQ points. And there was a Strong temptation to leave it on and walk around Blissfully Ignorant of The Truth.)

It will be interesting to watch video of the brave forest fire fighters cutting fire breaks in the middle of vast forests till their batteries run out.

I don't see how this will work in the foreseeable future, but as mentioned, California is a leader in many areas, not all of them effective in improving lives.

Quote from the story, which I assume is a quote from the edict:

"The new rule will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later."

Emphasis added by me
California only banned chainsaws under a certain CC. I believe saws that are 40cc or higher are still available to purchase in california. California didn't ban the use of the gas powered equipment. Now here's the kicker, you're still allowed to buy the equipment as long as the business purchased the equipment before 11:59pm Dec 31st. So what they had in shock prior to January 1st 2024 is still legal to purchase in Komiefornia.

Latest posts

Back