Bandit 150 wont stop! Intermitent fault

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W Hinchliffe

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post and a call for a bit of help.

We have a bandit 150xl with a perkins engine. Every now and again we get a fault where by it wont switch off. You can drop the revs and disengage the clutch but the fuel pump wont switch off. We then stall the engine with the clutch and you can here the fuel pump (lift pump?) still ticking away.

If you leave the chipper with the Battery disconected it seems to then sort its self out.

We have had an engineer out and we have eliminated the emergancy stops and the ignition unit. We have checked all conections and cleaned them off. It seems like it is a problem with the either the fuel stop solenoid or the computer that controls it.

Has any one had a similar problem ?

There is also a warning light trying to signal something to me through a serries of flashes when I turn it on. How do I find out what this means? Does anyone have a workshop manual for a Perkins 1300HD engine?

The chipper is working away fine at the moment and we have moved it into a barn to try to keep water away from the electrics but we dont believe the fault has gone.

Thanking you in advance

William Hinchliffe
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh

Hi William,

I would contact Derrick, at Power Great Lakes, as he is a problem solver. Power Great Lakes built the engine. You will need your engine serial number before you contact him. You can reach him at 888-331-5764.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Probably the relay for the stop solenoid system. Its one of two below and to the right of the lift pump. Blue box thing with a bunch of wire going to it.
Just switch the two and see if the problem doesn't change. They are the same relay.

Latest posts

Back