Bandit 60 anvil spacing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkfxr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a well used Bandit 60 chipper and put new knives in it. Does anybody know how much clearance the anvil is supposed to have? I've had an an email into Bandit for a week now with no reply yet. Thanks in advance.

1/8". Have a look in the toolboxes, there's often a piece of sheetmetal with a bend in it to use for setting the gap. If there isn't, just pickup a small piece of 1/8" from any metal shop about 1" wife and 8" long, put a bend in the end so you can get it in there.

Of more importance than gap is having a crisp square edge on the anvil. You can flip it if it's rounded, and they can be repaired by building up with metal and brought back to square with a flap disk on an angle grinder and a steady hand. A crisp square anvil will put out great chip, keep your blades sharp longer, throw the chip further and make the last little bit of logs self feed. A rounded anvil will do much the opposite.

Might be; I dunno - the manual I have is for the 65A / 65AW.
dealer I bought my 65XP from provided ~ 30"chunk of portable bandsaw mill blade with the teeth ground off to use as a gauge that you can insert from up top where the blade cover is.

Agree 100% about importance of keeping sharp knives / square anvil.
A buddy running a newer 65 (1/2 the hours as mine) will run dullish knives. Has resulted in some cracked welds on his machine. About as smart as running a dull chain on a saw.

Back